Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 08:12 PM   #11
Artea

this is my third time around, and this time i made my one party:
Artea - Cavalier (that's me )
Kensai
Bounty Hunter dualed to Fighter
Monk
Ranger dualed to Cleric

what is so good with monks? my monk gets his ass kicked! and he doesn't do very much damage! ohh yeh as you all can see i'm not so much into mages

Artea Silverheart

Old 01-13-2001, 08:41 PM   #12
Armisael

I've played a few parties, but my favourite would definitely have to be;

Armisael (human fighter-mage)
Korgan
Jaheira
Jan
Viconia
Edwin

Worked really well for me. Gave Jaheira a +3 sling and the impaler, Korgan the rifthome +3 (throwing) axe, and myself whatever good two-hander/halberd/azuredge that happened to come along. Three fighters that handle both melee and ranged, Edwin and Viconia spellcasting and Jan with either short bows or whatever magic he happens to have on hand. And I still see people saying 'oh, I can't use that character, he's EVIL'. Heh.

Old 01-13-2001, 11:56 PM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

My party right now is this...

Ryan-Kensai
Keldorn
Viconia
Jaheira
Aerie
Jan

I have now NO plans of changing this party... oh no! What am I going to do with Imoen!!! And let's see who's more funnier than Jan? GARRICK!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Used Minsc last time, and I just really want Aerie!!! I don't know why!!
Old 01-14-2001, 12:17 AM   #14
Master Sorcerer

kensmagi -kensai duelled to mage (very creative name huuh?)
Minsc
Korgan
Jaheria
Imoen
Jan

My party works out very well except for Imoen who sucks but I keep her in because of the plot.

Old 01-14-2001, 01:30 AM   #15
satan

im playing it now for the third time but i just cant come out with any new characters if i change my party members
so i played all 3 times the following group
now" Kopezzi-dualwielding ranger
minsc
anomen
jaheira
jan
aerie
jaheira summons monsters
anomen gets his priest spells to boost his fighting skills
minsc and me kill everyhting in sight and if needed get boosted anomen
aerie and jan keep shooting magic missles and fireballs
and if needed anomen can summon more monsters

Old 01-14-2001, 04:29 AM   #16
Sylent

Here is my party...
Keldorn
Korgan
Anomen
Morantis (fighter/Mage - me )
Jan
Imoen
I get the feeling that this party is sorta unorthadox, bcoz I only have one healer, which I guess is kinda hard... but I am pretty strong with my fighters
also I have problems with Keldorn and Anomen, because they insist on fighting, I just have to reload, and hope they dont do it again for a while!
its interesting that almost everyone has Jan, Korgan, Imoen, or Jeheira... Popular I guess

Old 01-14-2001, 05:27 AM   #17
Cleric
Welcomed New User

I bug , so i can't do the quest of jan , do ...

I must miss him
Old 01-14-2001, 08:30 AM   #18
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Third time through I've gone for personalities. I like the interactions between characters. I also have the chicks patch so figured I'd get full use of it.
Party is
Draggor the fighter, chaotic good
Minsc
Jahiera
Viconia
Aerie
the sixth spot I rotate but will be occupied by Imoen. I use my first four characters in melee and the back two for missile support. It's fun trying to get through places without a thief to disarm traps. My fighter runs down corridors setting them off and hoping he lives.
Old 01-14-2001, 10:09 AM   #19
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I am disapointed with my sorcerer, since he never get any new spells, and I was so content having Yoshimo going around backstabbing everyone, that I decided I want to play with a powerful thief instead, and what couldn't be a more powerful thief than a kensai dualed to a thief!! Here is my new party:

Minsc
Anomen
Jaheira
Kensai/thief
Yoshimo

I rotate my sixth slot. I will drop Yoshimo as soon as I get more thieving skills to my own thief. Edwin will probably replace him, since I need a mage later on.
Old 01-14-2001, 10:26 AM   #20
Tivark

I'm not very far along, but here is my party:

Tivark (Ranger)
Minsc
Jaheira
Yoshimo
Aerie
Nalia

I killed the Shadow Dragon with this party, only loss was Jaheira, and I just ressurected her with a Rod of Ressurection I found somewhere.

Myself and Minsc can basically blender through anything. I have the +3 Flail that slows, and Minsc has a +2 mace that slows.

I don't want Imoen back, either! I prefer Nalia; she also has a bunch of kick ass spells now, too.

I'm thinking of dropping Yoshimo or Jaheira for Viconia, though.