Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 07:52 AM   #11
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

As if most of the airline food was fit to pay for anyhow! The best I was ever served was about 18 years ago on Yugoslav Air. Now, *that* I would have gladly forked over a few extra dollars for. But with air travel as expensive as it is (has anyone ever really looked at all the extra charges/taxes/bull they tag on to the actual flying fee?!)... :shakes head: ... I don't understand. 'Course, I don't understand big business anyhow. If you make millions/billions of profit a year as some corporations do, then how in the world can you claim you need more money if you are to stay in business?!?!?! US Postal System, case in point.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:57 AM   #12
Borvik
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Well why not? Some airlines already have the price for the meal included into the ticket price. So lower prices for tickets and make food optional. Of course it would be interesting if passengers were allowed to bring their own. How about a barbeque in row 10?
LOL Don't think barbeque is allowed - not in row 10. Maybe a cold buffet would do. Every passenger brings something different. I'll bring noodle salad [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-03-2003, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Borvik ]
Old 01-03-2003, 09:37 AM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

If I know anything about airlines, their idea would be to keep ticket prices the same and sell food. Bad food. Best airline food I ever had was in First Class on an American Airlines 747 bound for Hawaii in the 80's. (dear dead eighties!) filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, some kind of greens, and a hot fudge sundae for dessert. It's been steeply downhill, since.

[ 01-03-2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 01-03-2003, 09:59 AM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Attalus, according to the article these are routes that currently don't serve food, so of course the base ticket price would stay the same.

I think it's a good idea and a likely money-maker. Hell, I buy booze on the plane. On short flights I currently don't have the option to eat a meal - other than some snack mix packet. There might be a day when I was hungry and wished I could get a crappy airline meal for $5.