Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2001, 02:04 AM   #1
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

The first time, I played with a specialized mage, so I was used to low hit point rolls ( 1 to 3 hit points per level). But now I am playing with a pure fighter. In the lower levels I got up to 13 HP per level, but from the 9th level on I only got 3 HP each level.

I tried to understand the rules shown in the manual, but I have to confess that I had some difficulties. If I remember correctly, it said that you get 1d10 for a fighter. So far, so good. But I could not interpret the numbers in the HP column. I think for level 9 there was a 9. Is this the maximum HP range for a level 9 fighter ( max 90 HP) ?

I now have a level 11 Fighter with 108 HP, is this normal?

Please help me with those rules.
Old 02-07-2001, 02:32 AM   #2
Ash Wyrmspawn

Up to a certain level, all classes roll dice to see how many HP they get, and depending on their Constitution, they get extra HPs per level. After that level (9th I think.... don't have the manual here) you only get a fixed amount of HPs...... so throughout the game, you'll only see slight increases in HPs.

I hope that clarified it.

Old 02-07-2001, 03:50 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there!
You roll a die for your class , mage d4, Rouges and bard d6, Clerics D8, Fighter class (paladin, fighter ranger) D10 and Barbarian d12.
if you constitution is high you get a bonus to every time you rise in level to your HP´s. Afer Level 9 or 10 you stop rolling the dice and there is a specific number of HP´s you gain each level plus your constitution bonus.
15 +1
16+2
17+3
18+4
and so on.
If you play with different difficult levels you will haim differently HP´s, Easy and standard rules gives you maximum HP´s1 per Level. And core rules and harder will slump oput a number randomly within above mentioned values.

If any sees any fault in what I have writtn please post here ok =)
Been a while and I don´t have the rules at work.. hehe
In 3:ed you will roll dies until Level 20.
Old 02-07-2001, 07:55 AM   #4
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for the help.

So, my fighter seems to have all the hit points he could get ( level 11 with 108 HP). But it's looks a litte bit unfair to me, that he only got about 30-40 HP more than my mage at the same level. My fighter has CON 18 to my mage's CON 9.

Is this the normal difference in HP between these classes? Because I thought it might be a lot more. Maybe, I played the wrong games before Baldur´s Gate, like Diablo or Might & Magic.