Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-07-2002, 10:13 AM   #1
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Something really odd has been happening to me all day, a muscle just below my right shoulder has been having the odd happening of twitching randomly when I don't use it for anything. It's actually twitching strongly enough to be visible. It doesn't hurt or anything, it's just plain odd. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this?
Old 11-07-2002, 10:23 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Twitching is usually the effect of increased values of beta2-agonists in the blood [img]smile.gif[/img] For instance adrenaline and asthma medicine. It could also be from increased external stimuli of the nerve ends [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 10:25 AM   #3
MagiK

I have no scientific explanation but if I start to get calcium deficient I tend to get twitchy muscles, Sodium deficiency makes me cramp up while hiking, so I have to use things like gatorade instead of water.

Old 11-07-2002, 10:44 AM   #4
Neb

Ah, Adrenaline, that might explain it. I didn't get much sleep last night so I suspect that my body is running mainly on that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 10:48 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That means you have only two weeks to live, enjoy.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:25 AM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have this a lot due to the amount of exercise I do. I have it in my legs a lot, though normally just minor twitches. Have you been doing a large amount of sport?
Old 11-07-2002, 11:35 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Neb, that tends to happen when you're tired or stressed. I think Willow explained it more scientifically than me though!
Old 11-07-2002, 11:55 AM   #8
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Neb, that tends to happen when you're tired or stressed. I think Willow explained it more scientifically than me though!
LOLOL...I'm with Epona. Good post Willow.

I get the same thing when I'm tired Neb. I get it mainly in my forearms and cheeks, and sometimes in my right foot. I was told by a doctor that if you have had an injury or surgery, and the nerves were damaged, sometimes, when you haven't gotten enough sleep for your body to flush out all of the toxins fo the day before(i.e. lactic acid, mostly) the nerves get twitchy so that they can flush the toxins out of your system. And, since I've had surgery or injuries on all of those places...

Anyway, that same doctor said it seems to be worse for teens, since A) most of them dont get enough good sleep and B) becaues their bodies are incredibly active(on a cellular level).

You might just want to take a nap. Or maybe do some exercise. Swimming or running are probably the best. Oh, and drink plenty of water. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sheesh..I'm starting to sound like a Mom. Sorry Neb's.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 11-07-2002, 12:16 PM   #9
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Really? Guess that I'd better sell all of my belongings and have as much fun as possible in those two weeks, then..... If I visit, could you give me a tour of the Red Light District?

And everyone who suggested tiredness/stress as the reason, you're probably right. I've gotten so amazingly little sleep all week. Odd, though, I feel more awake than usual. Must be that lovely, lovely adrenaline
Old 11-07-2002, 12:21 PM   #10
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Really? Guess that I'd better sell all of my belongings and have as much fun as possible in those two weeks, then..... If I visit, could you give me a tour of the Red Light District?

And everyone who suggested tiredness/stress as the reason, you're probably right. I've gotten so amazingly little sleep all week. Odd, though, I feel more awake than usual. Must be that lovely, lovely adrenaline
[/QUOTE]Or CAFFEINE!!!!!

Remember: Sleep is nothing more than a poorly designed substitute for caffeine!

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"