Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-30-2002, 05:41 PM   #11
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

If you have XP, just throw the cd in the drive and turn the pc on (providing that you have your cdrom as a boot device in your bios) and you'll go to the winxp setup screen which will let your format. You can't format from dos or safe mode in Win XP. You need to use some kind of boot disk (either floppy or CD).
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 10-30-2002, 08:45 PM   #12
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Make sure computer is powered up. Put in the XP CD in your drive. Power it down. Power the computer back up and watch your screen. You should see a message (if your computer can boot up from a CD) to press a key to boot from CD. This will start the setup program. Also, if you have the upgrade CD, you will need to have a copy of Windows (prior version) either already on the puter, or a CD. I just recently had to re-install XP on my laptop. If you can't boot from a CD, you will need a boot disk that supports a CD. If you have a friend (or somewhere else to go) that has XP, you can create the boot CD on their computer and then put it in yours. I had a similar problem when I tried to go back to ME (Cause I had demoware XP) and had to find a boot disk online to download (Nobody uses ME - LOL). Anyways, once you can get to the CD, you just type the drive letter of the CD with a :, then hit < ENTER > Then type setup and hit < ENTER > that will start it too.

[ 10-30-2002, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]