Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 07:41 AM   #21
Vampire

Kazzy is that you?
Woohooooo, it's good to see you back on IW my dragoness!
How are things?

Sorry Mods and Lioness (don't get Fewocious) as this has little resemblence to the topic. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2002, 04:54 PM   #22
Tiamat
Banned User

Now if u would play diablo 2 and its expansion...... then u would be a clone of ME!!!! MWAHAa!!!! Ok.... make sure u get white, protection stuff, plus elimination!
Old 01-07-2002, 10:05 AM   #23
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

I remember my friend once told me that he went in shop, hit the money on counter of a local games shop and said "gimme magic". Shop owner looked at him strangely and gave him a pack of kondoms. He became red while everone in line looked at him. He said he needed magic CARDS. Shop owner said: "Hehehe, I thought you were kinda young..."
Old 01-07-2002, 12:07 PM   #24
fable
Quintesson

My wife and I began playing about five years ago, but only in a very occasional fashion (less than every couple of months), and with one another. {Get your mind out of the gutter. I mean M:TG. Sheesh.} We enjoyed it more when there were fewer cards, and the colors were more balanced. But it seems that Wizards of the Coast could no more keep from milking a good thing to death than anybody else. Oh, the newer series are attractive enough to view, and they've added a ton of abilities, but it's much harder to play strategically nowadays when there are more than a thousand cards in circulation.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:39 PM   #25
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I used to play, but haven't had anyone to play with in years, and a few Weatherlite booster packs are the most recent cards I own, not even any V edition, so I've been experimenting with other CCG's, like Rage (the one based on the werewolf the apocalypse PRG), and Planescape Bloodwars, which is really great if you can find it, it kicks Magic's A$$, altho WotC discontinued it with the much maligned Spellfire (another fun one). hehe My favorite deck was white and black, serra angels and sengir vampires working together with white and black knights, among their various clones.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]

Old 01-07-2002, 06:17 PM   #26
Grojlach
Zartan

*shamelessly copy/pasting this from a thread in the poll forum*

Oh well, where to begin? I started playing the game about 7 years ago... Spent tons of money (well, for a 13 year old it surely was a lot ) on cards and collected green and blue cards. Started when the Fallen Empires series was brand new and the Revised edition was still being sold. Magic the Gathering was a hype in those days at our school and dozens of people played the game, which was very interesting to work on various playing skills and tactics. Because the group of players was so large, some of the richer kids actually saw it as some sort of status symbol to start buying complete boxes (!) of rate cards at a time, just to poke the eyes out of the others... Many lost interest including me and I stopped playing around the time Mirage was released. I believe I've still got the all the green cards from the series between Fallen Empires and Mirage lying around somewhere... I don't do anything particularly with it, but still never even considered selling them, even though I haven't played it in 6 years. It's a piece of nostalgia...
Old 01-08-2002, 10:02 AM   #27
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Magic The Gathering you say? Yes I am hopelessly addicted to this game, but I don't get a chance to play it as often as I like. Watch out, this can be an expensive game if you get hooked on it. I have thousands of cards.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:30 PM   #28
fable
Quintesson

It's a shame Microprose didn't get out its M:TG computer game on time. I saw it during the early stages at their headquarters in Maryland, USA, and was very impressed by everything they intended. But the game took three years to develop, and even then, it didn't appear with a multiplayer module; that took another six months or so. By then, the M:TG craze had moved onto other card games, and the Microprose folks issued a couple of card additions to the main module, rather than dealing with the major rules problems that existed from the start. (Prodigal Sorcerors, for instance, were supposed to tap once you used 'em to target a single point of magical, long distance damage at an opponent. Instead, the game always allowed it to inflict damage without tapping.)
Old 01-08-2002, 01:07 PM   #29
Durwyn
Elminster

Well I'm quite a novice in that area, havent played a lot. I mean me town ye see wont be having much Magic players. So I play rarley. But I do have around 100 cards hehe, a good combo of Red and Whites. My best card be | Righteousness - Target blocking creature gets +7/+7 until the end of turn. | and also probably the Southren Paladin. So I'm new hehe, and well I do play it. I wish D&D would release something like that, but featuring characters from IWD, BG and Realms in general. Perhaps in the future? Maybe? Well...
Old 01-08-2002, 01:35 PM   #30
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Well I'm quite a novice in that area, havent played a lot. I mean me town ye see wont be having much Magic players. So I play rarley. But I do have around 100 cards hehe, a good combo of Red and Whites. My best card be | Righteousness - Target blocking creature gets +7/+7 until the end of turn. | and also probably the Southren Paladin. So I'm new hehe, and well I do play it. I wish D&D would release something like that, but featuring characters from IWD, BG and Realms in general. Perhaps in the future? Maybe? Well...

there was, it was called spellfire, it featured characters from all the d&d books, creatures and many very kewl things, however, it was also the first CCg before magic even, and so the rules are out of date, and there are many events not covered in them, but when Wizards of the Coast bought TSR they discontinued it, and Bloodwars, which were very big rivals of magic at that time, and so WotC discontinued them almost immediately.