Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2001, 11:39 PM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I'm at the very end of the Asylum and Saemon Havarian wants me to come with him on his ship. He also mentioned that I could go through the portal and end up in the Underdark. I'm wondering which is more profitable, the Underdark or going with him. If you could tell me what each offers (in a very general way, e.g. one offers more experience or items or something) I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

-Jafin

PS - This is DEFINITELY a spoiler
-
-
-
-
Is my becoming the Slayer going to be a major problem? Does it happen often? It could be very irritating if it does...

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Old 10-18-2001, 11:58 PM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Go with Saemon. More experience, more items. If you take the portal you'll loose out on an entire area.

Becoming the slayer isn't a problem anymore. It only happens once without you having control. If it hapens next it is because you choose it to happen and you will have control. Hint : look under the star button for special abilities.

JR

Damned i have lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-19-2001, 12:16 AM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks! I expected the Underdark to have more XP but I guess not... Well, thanks again!

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Old 10-19-2001, 12:33 AM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, you'll end up in the underdark anyway either by taking the portal which is the direct route or going with Saemon which nets you an area which you would otherwise have missed. And especially one nifty item which will cause you to fall off your chair because it is so powerfull.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-19-2001, 08:42 AM   #5
mitsos

Go with Saemon. You'll find two cool items: the cloak of mirroring(reflects all harmful spells) and the wave blade in order to make the wave halberd at Cromwell.

Old 10-19-2001, 08:49 AM   #6
Byronas

Quote:
Originally posted by mitsos:
Go with Saemon. You'll find two cool items: the cloak of mirroring(reflects all harmful spells) and the wave blade in order to make the wave halberd at Cromwell.
I agree! Go with him.
Much more experience and items.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.