Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 05:29 AM   #1
Xan
Dungeon Master

If a warlock can learn all the books of magic, how come when my priest became a warlock he couldn't learn sun or stone?
By the way, I quess I'm starting a new game because I screwed up the last one.

------------------
In an infinite universe, not only is anything possible, but highly probable!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 05:41 AM   #2
Ruyyerguy
Dungeon Master

warlock can only learn fiend and moon spell
wizard can learn sun and stone
Ruyyerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 08:51 AM   #3
Sgok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the Warlock class only supports Sun, Fiend, Moon, and Spirit spells, because once you advance to a Warlock from a priest/wizard, you can still learn sun or spirit spells at the normal rate, but you can only learn stone/vine magic at half your skill, so it would need to be up to 14 to learn level 7 vine/stone spells.
Sgok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 09:15 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Warlock lets you earn spells from the Moon and Fiend realms. If you converted from Wizard, then there are no "half level" penalties to learning spells in the Sun and Stone categories. Apart form the "way to late" super Elite roles, there is no other way to get stone spells apart from creating a wizard in your initial party.

Cheers
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 07:44 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

The Warlock can learn all magic schools without penalties. Nevertheless, when you become a warlock, you only gain Fiend and Moon schools (if you haven't them already). You are left with Fiend, Moon, and those schools you already know from your previous roles. NOBODY will teach you new magic schools. A typical example of slapdash work of the realization team of W&W. Somebody should teach a Warlock the remaining schools as, for example, in the case of a Wizard: if you omit a Sun magic during creation then you can still learn the Sun magic later in the Wizard's Guild. Let us summarize:
Priest -> Warlock: Lost Sun and Stone magic. You can become a Samurai later and gain the Sun spells. Stone spells are lost almost forever - you have to become a Valkyrie to get the Stone magic.
Wizard -> Warlock: Lost Spirit and Vine magic. You can become a Paladin and then a Ranger to gain these schools.
other -> Warlock: Nonsense.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote