Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Problem with stairs, am I too big???

Hello everyone,

i managed to nearly beat the game with a solo Lizzord/Samurai. I installed the patch and everything went fine. But at some spots in the game i realized that i am too big to get past some stairs in the game. My head always got into the ceiling that i cant go on that way. These stairs were not necessary to get further in the game, but now i am completely stuck and need your help. At the door in Lord Cets Pyramid where you need the 2 Champion Keys i get the same problem and cannot get down the stairs and it seems like i am too big or floating a little bit above the floor.

Please help me... would be really appreciated.

Last edited by Misanthrop; 09-20-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Misanthrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Problem with stairs, am I too big???

Occasionally you do get your head stuck in the ceiling. Near the place where you meet the mummy (F'lokis Ra?) in the Crypt, you have an elevator, that is a prime spot for this trouble. I think it is not height, it might be x,y location relative to the stairway.
Solutions, try a spell like Teleport or Vanish, if that does not work you are stuck and will need to reload.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Like I said, the problem occurs nearly the end of the game. i cant go down these damn stairs and no matter how often i reload, it failed. i changed the resolution and tried everything and nothing works. Could the problem be that i have only 1 char in my party, and that the Lizzord are slightly bigger than other races? I am really frustrated... but in hope that someone here will know how to fix that problem
Old 09-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry to hear of your problem! Did you try Vanish? or Teleport to at least move you out of that exact square??
I rather doubt that the problem is the size of your character, but given the other glitches in the game, that is possible. Do you have a save from shortly before this happened that you can reload??
If you do, I would suggest that when you come to these stairs again that you try running and jumping along them and hopefully you will get past the sticky bit!
Good luck!!
Wyv
Old 09-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
Misanthrop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It happens everytime. no matter how often i reload the game. just if it were supposed to be. really strange... am i the only one with that problem?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
Shadow Stranger

It only happens in the Pyramid? That is odd, I have never heard of a problem like this before. Certainly not one that always happens.
I never play with only character, so I have no special insight into this problem.
Teleport or Vanish may work, I don't know. In the Crypt, the problem area near F'lokis Ra happens at a point in the game where the party is way too low in level to have spells like Vanish or Teleport.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:50 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Do you have a smaller character that you can add to your party to see if that can get you past this point??
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #8
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I remember an old thread where someone had a similar problem with an Oomphaz. I wasn't able to find the thread. You may be better at using the search engine than I.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sticking my nose back in, first time in a while (Hi, Wyv! Hey, Kev ).

There were issues with some specific characters getting stuck. I don't remember exactly where... tight spots and large characters can be a challenge.

It's been a while since I've fired up W&W, but in my dusty memory, workarounds include:
  • Change to a different (smaller) character (hard in a solo mission!)
  • Change your game resolution
  • Change your actual screen resolution
  • Change from or to 3D rendering
  • Apply / take away the patch
  • Cast a spell like Create Portal on something (roach, etc.) that's in the area you want to teleport to, then Teleport to it
  • Try going backwards or sideways

Not sure they'll help, particularly three months later, but you never know...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Bungleau!!! Very nice to see you!!!