Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2001, 07:57 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

If you have the game set at a higher difficulty do you gain more XP for killing a creature aswell as getting more XP cause there are more creatures to kill?

Warby
Old 10-21-2001, 11:54 PM   #2
Lothar

dont think so

Old 10-22-2001, 12:21 AM   #3
white_sapphire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I believe so, because at higher difficulty monsters has higher level too and has more hps. Ive got waylaid by Goblins once at highest difficulty, when Ive started HOW I believe and since BG and IWD has the same gameplay I guess it applies to both games..

------------------
!?????huh???!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 12:28 AM   #4
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I don't think you get more experience
with a higher difficulty level, but I
think you get less experience with a
low difficulty level.
Old 10-22-2001, 08:29 AM   #5
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

What about when learning spells. It really got on my nerves when in BG1 I lost a really good spell cause my mage failed to learn it. Is it ok to put the difficulty down so you won't lose the spell when you learn it then put the difficulty back up?

Warby
Old 10-22-2001, 08:39 AM   #6
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Warby, if you don't want to lose scrolls for memorization you can either set the difficulty on normal (failsafe) or you can go purchas some potions of genius which aren't to pricy and cumlative if you drink more than one and increase your chance for learning.

No you do not get more xp for killing creatures at a higher difficulty, just stronger enemies which is the intended challenge of it all.

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"
Old 10-22-2001, 08:41 AM   #7
Charlander
Dungeon Master

Originally posted by Warby:
Quote:
It really got on my nerves when in BG1 I lost a really good spell cause my mage failed to learn it.
Try drinking a Potion of Genious before you memorize a spell...that will increase your chances of learning it.

------------------
...and he walked the earth for centuries, slaying creaturs of the underworld...

-Charlander
Old 10-22-2001, 09:28 AM   #8
mitsos

When the difficulty is set to normal, apart from the fail-safe spell writing, you level up dice rolls are also the highest possible.

Old 10-22-2001, 09:28 AM   #9
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

If you set difficulty on the lowest level, you get only about half of the xp than for medium level.
If you donīt want to loose spells, just save before writing them in your book (ok, itīs a little bit unnerving, if you want to learn 10 or more spells at a time)