Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-04-2004, 12:43 PM   #21
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Ooooh boy, they sure are enjoying this!

They've hit the jackpot here. Chill out and relax (or Chillax as we call it), and then strike swiftly. Like you said you're losing money... The sad part is, you were willing to put up with the lousy qualities of Alfa and still they dick you around. That's quite a pain in the arse indeed.

I hope you still have time to smile [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2004, 08:22 PM   #22
wellard
Dracolisk

OK your wish is my command (hey that’s your line) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Clarification question ...Did the leasing company ever know about the problems with the Alfa BEFORE the car blew up?

Was all the oil loss internal (burnt) or was there a visible leak?

Owners manual, did it say check the oil every week (say along with tyre pressure ect) OR every time you use the car

Did the owners manual say, have a full service every 20,000 km OR does it give a list of tasks that need doing at set Km (20,000 then 40,000) OR is it a mixture of both?

Did the garage after the service, in which you brought it in early, put a sticker on your window screen or similar to say when the next service was? (common practice) Did they give you anything in writing to say when the next service was? (this is going to be the crucial area)

How did you notice that the car was running low on oil when new?

Has anybody else, through owners clubs/ internet, had simalar problems with the engine. Was this type of defect a known problem with Alfa Romeo?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-05-2004, 07:50 AM   #23
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I'd take it to a non Alpha mechanic, and get it fixed. But you don't want to actually void your warrenty before the court case.
You could allways just tow it to a hill and well...
but seriously, best wishes with everything, i really hope you get a return, or if it does go to court, best of luck, i really hope you succeed.
May your plight at very least prevent me (and most of the Quantas workforce ) from ever buying an Alpha.
Best wishes!
i really hope it work out
Old 12-05-2004, 11:06 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
OK your wish is my command (hey that’s your line) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Clarification question ...Did the leasing company ever know about the problems with the Alfa BEFORE the car blew up?
No, as it was always handled between me and the garage.

Quote:
Was all the oil loss internal (burnt) or was there a visible leak?
No leaks whatsoever that I could see. It must've been burning it.

Quote:
Owners manual, did it say check the oil every week (say along with tyre pressure ect) OR every time you use the car
Owners manual says to check the oil "on a regular basis".

Quote:
Did the owners manual say, have a full service every 20,000 km OR does it give a list of tasks that need doing at set Km (20,000 then 40,000) OR is it a mixture of both?
The maintenance schedule basically says "20000/40000/60000/etc for full services. It also said to do your own maintenance with respect to topups, refills, etc. There's a lot of conditions to the warranty it seems like.

Quote:
Did the garage after the service, in which you brought it in early, put a sticker on your window screen or similar to say when the next service was? (common practice) Did they give you anything in writing to say when the next service was? (this is going to be the crucial area)
I'm sure it did, since the car's been in their garage for six weeks who knows what it says now.

Quote:
How did you notice that the car was running low on oil when new?
Through routine oil checks noticed I was always having to top it up. Then at 15000kms it developed a noise which caused me to take it in for service earlier than scheduled (this was where it was not made clear to me that they wanted me to take it in at 35000kms instead of 40000kms).

Quote:
Has anybody else, through owners clubs/ internet, had simalar problems with the engine. Was this type of defect a known problem with Alfa Romeo? [/QB]
The engine oil usage for this engine varies wildly, some cars don't use up hardly any oil, others require regular topups. None of the people I sought feedback on at the Alfa websites had heard of a car using up as much oil as mine was, though, and that there was no external leak.

Old 12-05-2004, 01:52 PM   #25
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Did you not notice that the car exhaust was wery smokey when you used the car? It must have been a hell of smoke cloud behind the car if it used that much oil and then you should know something was wrong and checked it out asap. Think about this too if you end up in court...they will SURE ask about that!
Anyway good luck Memmy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #26
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

..shame you're not in the US. you'd ikill 'em in court. Greef, pain and suffering, lack of sex..
Old 12-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #27
wellard
Dracolisk

I'm sure Memnoch would have a hard time proving the latter Variol [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Maybe getting a new engine is not the only answer, Have you had a third party give you a quote on a rebuild rather than replacement?

for your info the copys of the letter, with the names removed, under the title "Dont buy or lease an Alfa untill you read this" will find it's way onto noticeboards across the company starting next week!

Sending best wishes youre way mate. Just phone me if I can help in any way. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-05-2004, 08:18 PM   #28
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

John, maybe you could fly a banner over Oz with a caption such as "Support Memnoch, dump Alpha"

It would get peoples attention...if nothing else [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Also, on the other side you could have something like
"Support Johnny, send beer to..."

That would keep another member happy
Old 12-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #29
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
I'm sure Memnoch would have a hard time proving the latter Variol [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh, sorry, thought I heard somebody call it a "pimp Mobile" earlier.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:21 AM   #30
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The ONLY way the oil can be gone is! it goes into the water "the top thingy is gone) then the wather should be whithe as milk, the otherway is in the exhaust if the oil rings is gone then it will be a seroious smoke thingy behind the car or someone have "steal" the oil. ?
I think in this prase Memmy you dont know anything about engines i give you a clue the oil is IMPORTANT how much it uses and so on be SURE you have used the right type of oil to , you cant use food oil you most be using motor oil. I dont say more before i know how good you know anything about engines!

And to say i know the "most of how an engine work i have repared engines for 20 years! [img]smile.gif[/img] I do my best in your case Memmy

[ 12-06-2004, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]