Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 06:50 PM   #1
puzzled

I`m on the first level of the underdark. I moved east and talked to some duegars who offered to sell me things and told me they`d seen Ironicus and Bohdi. After that I tried to go north but only got as far as a strange hut. I released a mage who promptly tried to kill me!
I couldn`t go any further north so tried the two exits in the south east corner and got severely blatted both times.
How do I get out of the first screen?
Cheers,
David

Old 01-30-2001, 06:59 PM   #2
Malla Gabriel

I'm afaid there onely one under dark screen, if you want safty you will have to reach the deep gnome city in the north west of the screen, past the group of dark elves, the mushroom people and the three mind flayers.

Old 01-30-2001, 07:04 PM   #3
mack attack

Hello Puzzled you can still go to the north of where you are at. Just go a little to the left of where you where at with the globe thing that had the mage that showed up. You can click on 6 different charcters there is some you should not kill I will let you figure that out. Go left until you see the spore dudes, take them out and go up to the gnome city you will need to do a few things for them before you can go any further. When you talked to the duegars did you get the freedom scroll???? Sometime it can be hard to move around in there because the path is hard to see. Keep looking it is all there. Get that drow stuff it works great for the Ac. Any more hints just let me Know.

Old 01-31-2001, 04:11 PM   #4
puzzled

Many thanks for the info. I`ve gone back to that hut with the ungrateful mages. I killed the first one but the next one`s a real s--t! Before I can do anything he paralises everybody and nothing happens for a while. Then my team start running round like chickens with their heads cut off. But I`ll get him in the end. If he`s only the second how much more difficult do they get?
Those spoor that you mentioned are hard as well. I`ll be glad to get out of this place!
Cheers,
David

Old 01-31-2001, 06:06 PM   #5
masteraleph
Elminster

Spoiler
For the ball, if you're nice to them, there are 4 bad guys out of 6 enemies (the one on the far right is a pretty nice guy who'll tell you stuff about the surroundings, the 2nd from the right is a kid who's part of a mini quest you can get from the svirfnebli).
The other 4 are:
A warrior (I think)...very farthest left.
Next, Raevilin Strathi (weakling)
Next, a Githyanki (who's a pain)
And finally (fourth from the far left), is Alchra Diagott, who's a fairly nasty Lich. He likes using Time Stop, followed by Symbols Stun and Death (and some other stuff).
Old 01-31-2001, 07:10 PM   #6
puzzled

Thanks a lot for that. I`d started to leave that area and when I read your post I realised I`d missed the nice guy.
I went back and spoke to him. Unfortunately, I couldn`t find the child. Is his quest an important one?
That Diagott was a real swine. Took me ages to finish him off. I think the child was the only one I missed.
It might seem like a stupid question, but how did you know that Diagott was a lich? I don`t think it said he was when I put the cursor over him.
I`ve just realised that you can change your characters script. Minsc is armed with a bow and everytime he sees an enemy he rushes straight at them. Now I`ve found I can change that.
Cheers,

Old 01-31-2001, 07:49 PM   #7
masteraleph
Elminster

No, it wasn't important, although if you did it you'd get bracers of AC4 (you may already have something better, though). And the other guy is a lich according to walkthroughs (also, I don't remember anyone- aside from Irenicus- who can throw around time stop, etc., who's not a lich)
Old 01-31-2001, 08:10 PM   #8
BLACK KNIGHT

Well . . . not to be too technical or nothing, but as some of our mage friends will tell you, if your mage is high enough level, they can cast time stop and not be a lich . . .you might want to stock up on those freedom spells, too. Very useful going against mages. Don't memorize, just use 'em as you need 'em.

Another thing that helped me with the map is to play with the lights off/dim. Makes it easier to see slightly different shadings on the map. Just FYI.

BK

Old 01-31-2001, 08:19 PM   #9
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Hmmm, puzzled, all liches look like this, so (at least me) thats why you can guess he is a liche. And about the time stop, well, i think too that the only ENEMIES that can cast it are irenicus and liches. And they usually cast fixed sequences of spells (time stop, meteor shower, protection from evil, gate etc)

Old 01-31-2001, 08:24 PM   #10
turbovee
Elminster

Doesn't the evil mage in the Suldanesslar temple and the Vithal (Imprisoned Mage in the Underdark)use time stop?