Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 07:59 PM   #1
newbeintrouble
Welcomed New User

Hey everyone.... couple of ???'s If you dont mind helping...
#1.... what is the best way to attack the amazon mantraps???

#2 how does one go about using the spell books... I have bought a few along the way but cant figure out how they work...
Any help you can give will be appreciated....
newbeintrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 08:15 PM   #2
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I found the Best way To use arrows and ranged spells if you go in direct they will kill you pretty fast.

as for the spell books

The person has to be able to use the spell so it must match you magic they are aloud to use

you right click it like the anks and all other things and Invoke it.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:16 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, newbeintrouble!!!

Lol! I can't think of two questions which are so opposite one another in complexity.

I'll handle the simple one first. Open your inventory and right click on one of your books. IF that character can learn that spell, among the icons that will appear in the detailed information window will be what looks like a candle and stands for INVOKE. Clicking on invoke will cause your character to learn that spell.

Okay- MANTRAPS - Distance spells are your best bet! Your next best strategy is to try to find some small place that your party can get through, but the Mantraps cannot. This allows you opportunities to retreat and heal before trying to tackle them again.
NEVER lead them back to Ishad N'ha - NEVER!

There are lots of strategies for dealing with these monsters. A search would probably bring up hundreds of threads with many different answers.

One involves out running them and getting yourself into Shurugeon Castle, onto the battlements so you can safely pelt them from a distance.

Do a search and read some of the strategies and try the ones that you think fit your party best!

DO let us know how it goes!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 11:09 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Amazoni mantraps.... cousins to jungle lilies... *just trying to cheer you up a bit*

They're nasty. Especially when they gang up on you. And they also have better tracking abilities than bloodhounds and one's parents... they'll find you, whereever you are. I've run past them (without even seeing them!) and had them chase me all the way up to the back door to Dragonspire.

One thing I've found effective is *storm spells, especially firestorm. If you don't have that, make plans to get it... soon. Failing that, you can keep them rooted in place through flame drop spells, but those eventually wear off, and they might not be dead yet.

As others have said, distance attacks are best. You might consider casting... wizard's aura? it's been a while. Protection from their magical attacks is very, very helpful. Very helpful. Very.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 12:10 AM   #5
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

Plants are easy foes : remove all party members but one of your melee chars, run up to it and kill it, i wont hit you because of its hit recovery. More common way however is using firestorm and the likes.

regarding to spellbooks : you'll be able to learn the spell if your level and char is right. to figure that out : RTFM (if you had, the question would not have occured to you - i hope you are not playing a pirate copy ?)
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote