Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 11:27 AM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

P.O.D. is one of my favorite bands although i could never figure out if they were a Christain rock band.Same goes for Creed.P.O.D.'s lerics pertain to Christ and all of that,but i was never really sure.My friend said that P.O.D. anouced on the news that they were'nt a Christain band and hated being called Christains and that they were'nt Christains.Now I know that this is not true because my parents know that i like P.O.D. and they always watch the news so they would have told me.So can someone tell me if they are Christain or not.Same goes with Creed.Are they a Christain band?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 05-24-2002, 11:31 AM   #2
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

quite obviously you ahve access to the internet, why don't you look it up yourself ? Try Yahoo! or Google or whatever, enter P.O.D. and scan to the fanpages. its not all that difficult.
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:32 AM   #3
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

They are both definitely christian, I think your friend was either having you on or getting confused with the fact that they *have* announced that they dislike people only looking at the fact they are Christians, and disdaining theirmusic because of the image.
Hope that clears things up
Old 05-24-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

P.O.D's a christian band. Not so sure about Creed though.
I'm not really sure what to think about P.O.D. I get the feeling they want to be a meaningful, experimental band, but then they have this yo yo homie, rap metal persona that's clearly just a path to mainstream success.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:07 PM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Dont know about P.O.D. (what DOES that stand for??) but Creed sure is Christian. They sing for God and are very proud of it. If you see any of their videos there are good looking women in them but they ignore them. I read an interview with the guitar player and he said they used to have a lead guitarist who was a happy hippy type. He said WE HATE happy hippy types. Gung ho for God. If you listen to the title cut on My Own Prison, one line says "Gabriel stands up" hes talking about the ArcAngel Gabriel. The second song is all about the Crusifiction of Christ. Little Sister is about the moral dilemna young women go through and how the give in to peer pressure to be "accepted".

One way or another their music talks about God or Morals, right from wrong ect. Whats this life For. In America.

Great group.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:14 PM   #6
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For all who want to know P.O.D stands for payable on death, basically their belief that love for Jesus etc will lead to the bliss of being in heaven after death.
I don't know where I get all these tidbits of info, I don't even really listen to em. [img]smile.gif[/img]