Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-15-2002, 11:03 PM   #31
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I can lend you The Salamander Staff... it has +2 to fire skills and +2 for fireball and firewall... I think... well that can help you...

You can also go to www.diabloii.net for more info
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 06:40 PM   #32
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
I bow to Bahamut the master.... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

lady Z - Sorc - For the act 2 boss, have your merc get in there for a distraction, and the minions will come out a few at a time - take them out with whatever is most effective for you. Then go in when he is alone (of course you are totally stocked on potions, and rejuvenation is INSTANT, unlike the red juice that takes a few seconds to go up) and do your lightening if that is what you are proficient with.

Alternatives are if you want fire or ice, look for a staff that has those abilities for sale... great boost there. Whatever he uses the most of (I forget at the moment, but I believe it is fire) boost your resistance with an amulet or ring - you can make them in your cube with a combination of gems and jewelry.

http://www.planetdiablo.com/diablo2/items/questitems/
will give you some good recipes for the cube.
Hmmm, I think we may be mixed up on boss monsters Charean LOL. The one in question is this big beetle thing, in the Tomb of Tal Rasha. You get locked in (well except for conjuring a door) this small circular area, and it freezes my sorc I swear in just one hit, and she can't cast then (got a half freeze ring on, but he can kill her so quick it never gets a chance to wear off). Not much running around in such a small area, I give it a shot, but... And every single time my bow gal either goes down right off the bat, or isn't allowed in there?

Maybe I should try fire instead, run about and hope that sooner or later I will find a good staff that ups a fire spell. Oh, and that frikken CUBE! Errr, besides putting together the Staff of Kings, how do you use the thing? Just randomly put stuff in it and hit the button LOL? Haven't tried to use it yet in any other kinds of ways, even though I'm aware there is supposed to be SOME way.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 06:43 PM   #33
Ladyzekke

Doh sorry, didn't see your link there about the cube! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-16-2002, 06:47 PM   #34
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Static.. charhged? Or are those the lightning enchanted freaks? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways what level is your Sorcy? You remember what I told you about the Players 8 thing? this will boost your exp like hell.. levelling up is a breeze.. but then remember there are diminishing returns when you are already levels higher than the monsters you face... so when you reach around level 28-30 it's gonna be pretty slow (I had my Barb reach level 30... what a drag.. but then I was Whirlwinding on Act III )

It's fun to experiment and all that... so juz ask us questions and we are gonna answer them! heeheehee
Sorceress is Level 23. What do you mean by "it's gonna be pretty slow"? What do you mean by "slow"? I'll keep your Players8 thing in mind, but will only use it when I'm just sick of it all LOL! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-20-2002, 12:15 AM   #35
TheThing
Banned User

1. What character do you think is the most reliable to get through the game the easiest?

mmm, depends on your equipment. no one really plays solo and starts fresh, but if you do, paladin and barbarian is the easiest.

2. Ever found enough green highlighted items enough to make a set? If so, was it worth it?

yes, it is worths it, but they are not the best equipment

3. Which Chapter did you find the most difficult, and why, and what was your character?

chapter 2 is the most annoying, thus difficult. you need all the items to make a staff, lame. it was my paladin, cannot even find all of them, but I was a newbie back then

4. Which monsters (not a boss) gave you the most trouble?

top korean players, heh

5. What do you choose ring and/or amulet wise for the most part? Extra gold? Extra magical items? Poison resistant/duration? fire resistant? lightning? life? stamina? etc..?

depends on if you are fighter class or spell casting. for fighters, get leech rings, anything above 8% ~ 12% is awesome. although I don't believe there is still dual leech around these days. and I dont believe there is mp leech on drop now

about magic find, 31% or something is good, I believe. I haven't played for a while, so I am not sure

6. Do you go with the usual weapon that "goes" with your character? Or are a rebel type and (for example) ups the sorceress' strengh so she can weild a two handed sword LOL?

of course, for sorcress, skill + is good. for fighters, dmg is good.

7. Do you sell every blue or yellow item you come across (Town Portal anyone?) constantly LOL? (PS-I have, and it seems 20 million is all they let you gain)

I used to do that when I play my paladin (newbie time), in fact, thats ALL I did. cause I sucked, I was lvl 60, and I couldnt even pass hell (in D2, not expansion) I got those money, then I use them to gamble soj, damn, good old times... so dumb

8. Do you think Deckard Kain is a bit long winded?

yes

9. How many times do you on average have to ressurect your party member?

never did that before, or you mean ressurect my own character?

10. Do you keep the same Amazon gal from Chapter one and use her and level her up throughout the entire game, or do you dump her for better NPCs later on in the game?

no, I dont use npc
TheThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 07:55 PM   #36
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

ah. good old prismatix sphere. saved me lots and lots of times from stupid PC's
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 12:25 PM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well LadyZ, when you do players 8, you get like an exp boost of 66%+ and the HPs of the monsters are significantly higher too (doiey). [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyways of course we have to tackle the exp penalty on which when your level is higher than that of the monsters, your exp goes down, the higher you are, the lower. Meaning that when you use players 8, you do get this boost, quick as hell, but then if you want to use Frozen Orb or Hydra on the start of Act III (Or Whirlwind for your barb), then you gotta sweat on it...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #38
theholyavenger
Manshoon

I think there's a bug in Diablo II after I installed the LOD expansion set. I'm currently playing as an assassin and i'm in ACT II, the first quest. I searched all three levels of the sewer under the town but it seems like i cannot find Radament(?) anywhere, I thought he's supposed to be near the chest containing the Horadic scroll, but no luck there. I picked up the scroll and tried my luck on the 1st and 2nd level of the sewer but Radament just appears to be vanished. I have the latest patch installed for LOD, so please help me with this problem.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 06:55 PM   #39
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

hm. i don't think i have ever heard of this bug. maybe you should try reinstalling ?
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #40
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:
I think there's a bug in Diablo II after I installed the LOD expansion set. I'm currently playing as an assassin and i'm in ACT II, the first quest. I searched all three levels of the sewer under the town but it seems like i cannot find Radament(?) anywhere, I thought he's supposed to be near the chest containing the Horadic scroll, but no luck there. I picked up the scroll and tried my luck on the 1st and 2nd level of the sewer but Radament just appears to be vanished. I have the latest patch installed for LOD, so please help me with this problem.
That's weird. Gotta be a bug cause there are only three levels in the sewers, and yes, Radamat or whatever is on the third level in a room with a golden chest with the Horadic scroll. What happens when you talk to Deckard? Does he act like you have already defeated Radamat since you have the scroll on you? Just curious..

Reality Show Recaps