Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2003, 11:30 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

There are three computers with internet access throughout the house; both my own and my father's are on routers, and my mother's has the direct connection. The problem here is whenever I watch streaming, or otherwise downloaded video, it's very sketchy. It never plays smoothly, just skips ahead to parts of the movie every couple of seconds. I mentioned this to my dad, and he said it would probably be better on my mom's computer, considering she had the direct connection. He was right, partially..

I just found out today about the Halo 2 demo trailer from this year's E3 expo, and I was anxious to see it. I tried downloading it downstairs (on my mom's PC), and it played the whole while it downloaded. It was sketchy, just like up here, and I thought it would clear up after it was downloaded all the way. Unfortunately it didn't.

Now all that lovely footage will have to linger on the internet for another four to six months, until I'll be able to view it myself on my Xbox.. (so sad )
Old 10-10-2003, 11:41 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
There are three computers with internet access throughout the house; both my own and my father's are on routers, and my mother's has the direct connection. The problem here is whenever I watch streaming, or otherwise downloaded video, it's very sketchy. It never plays smoothly, just skips ahead to parts of the movie every couple of seconds. I mentioned this to my dad, and he said it would probably be better on my mom's computer, considering she had the direct connection. He was right, partially..

I just found out today about the Halo 2 demo trailer from this year's E3 expo, and I was anxious to see it. I tried downloading it downstairs (on my mom's PC), and it played the whole while it downloaded. It was sketchy, just like up here, and I thought it would clear up after it was downloaded all the way. Unfortunately it didn't.

Now all that lovely footage will have to linger on the internet for another four to six months, until I'll be able to view it myself on my Xbox.. (so sad )
hmm, someone could download it for you, and send it to you maybe?
Old 10-10-2003, 11:56 PM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sending to him won't work, i think. Just go to a friend's house with cable internet and download it there [img]tongue.gif[/img]