Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

SPOILER!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I'm soo glad that I finally made it to the Thieves Warrens, and so I'm happily wobbeling around with my party through that maze when all of the sudden I come face to face with a bunch of mutant-killer-uber Skeleton Warriors who like totally butcher my party to chunks!! Even a couple of summons cannot keep them busy for a short while! I've tried a couple of things (such as Invisibility --> Backstab, Potion of Heroism + Oil of Speed + Boots of Speed, and also other things, but nothing seems to work) One way or the other these guys seem unbeatable (at least if I want my entire party to live). [img]graemlins/scream.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 03:34 PM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
SPOILER!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I'm soo glad that I finally made it to the Thieves Warrens, and so I'm happily wobbeling around with my party through that maze when all of the sudden I come face to face with a bunch of mutant-killer-uber Skeleton Warriors who like totally butcher my party to chunks!! Even a couple of summons cannot keep them busy for a short while! I've tried a couple of things (such as Invisibility --> Backstab, Potion of Heroism + Oil of Speed + Boots of Speed, and also other things, but nothing seems to work) One way or the other these guys seem unbeatable (at least if I want my entire party to live). [img]graemlins/scream.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
hmmm...the maze skeleton archers/warriors fight,

spoiler

First of all, send your thief, drinking potion of invisibility, to disarm all the traps in front of the Skeletons. then, the thief goes back to join the rest of the party OUT OF THE SIGHT range of the skeletons. Then, send in your best tanks (preferably two tanks), fully and completely buffed with oil of speed or haste, potion of heriosim and etc, equips them with cloak of displacement and boots of avoiding, approaching quickly and getting the skeletons into melee combat. Once they're in melee combat, their deadly arrows won't hurt the rest of the party anymore, now is the time to get the rest of party close enough and use ranged weapons and attack them. this should work! good luck
Old 09-07-2003, 11:10 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

All Undead (including non-skeletal Undead, such as Ghouls and Zombies, oddly enough) have some resistance to Slashing and Piercing weapons. So if you've got some good Blunt weapons with which to bash skulls in, by all means do so.

Don't waste your time with spells, either. 95% Magic Resistance. (Or was it 98 or 99? I forget.)
Old 09-08-2003, 01:40 AM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

[img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] You've made it into the Thief Warrens, but you cannot handle a couple of Skeletal Warriors? Not trying to be harsh, mind you, but what kind of party do you have and what levels are they?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:07 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

All of em either level 7 or 8. And IMHO it's not just 'a couple of Skeleton Warriors'. I haven't had any difficulty with other fights such as the Iron Throne, or the battle with Reiltar.

EDIT: By the way, shouldn't a scroll of Protection from Undead help me out here? I tried that tactic, but those *things* still slaughtered me like a pig in a butcherhouse!!

[ 09-08-2003, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: Link ]
Old 09-08-2003, 04:45 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

Here we go, evil tactic #2214

Try using the boots of grounding + potion of insulation (I think that's what it was called) on your thief for great of protection from lightning. Fire resistance will also be helpful, you've got spells for that.
Make sure to put your party in a safe location.
Then go into stealth mode, or use invisibility, and walk up to the skeletons. If you position your character correctly, the lightningbolt springing from the traps will hit one or more of the skeletons, repeatedly. This will weaken or kill one or more of the skellies, after which you have your party advance to just beyond the range of the archers. Then attack the skeleton archers with your thief and charge in as you would normally.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:34 AM   #7
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

But won't the skellies be resistant to the damage?
Old 09-08-2003, 07:08 AM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrenk:
But won't the skellies be resistant to the damage?
My question exactly [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2003, 07:28 AM   #9
Legolas
Jack Burton

I seem to remember it working rather well, so no, not resistant enough to prevent all hurt. Then again it has been a long time since I was there. Just give it a try and we'll see [img]smile.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 07:32 AM   #10
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Hmm - I do not recall that fight as one of the troublesome fights. I think I used my standard method: 1 'invisible' thief in front using find traps. Whenever the thief has cleaned a suitable area, move the rest of the party up to the thief. If the thief discovers an enemy, move the thief backwards and move in the cavallery. 2 tanks in front (one with boots of speed) charging, while the rest (including the thief) starts shooting from a distance. Normally if there are ranged attackers among the enemies, theese will 'lock on' my tanks, which both has low AC combined with missile avoiding equipment (both got large shields, one wears the ogre belt the other wears boots of avoidance). As far as I remember I did not have problems with theese skeleton warriors. I might have lured them out one by one by holding back my tanks though.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane