Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Get Ready!! Baldur's Gate II Enhanced is Near!

Both BG1:EE and BG2:EE are WELL worth the cost. If you had to chose one, go with the second.. as the story is better, and has more quests and classes/sub classes to level.
I just bought Grimrock 2 (Just like Eye of the Beholder engine). If you buy it on GoG, you get the DRM free version, AND a steam key for $21 (ends in a few hrs) then it'll be around $24--which is STILL a great price!!

You can even get Grimrock 1 and 2 bundled for a few more dollars. The game has loads of secrets, hard puzzles and easter eggs to find.. Just playing it now.
BTW, all the 'call' scripts to create items for BG in the original mostly also work for the Enhanced version. I think I have a list of items on the Gaming site of Ironworks under BG2 (and/or BG1).

Can't wait to see the NEW game Obsidian is working on--based on a new Infinity Engine--game is called "Project Eternity" They raised 4 million dollars from kickstarter for this game..
Here's the video and some screenshots s of it.. due out Feb 2015!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...oject-eternity

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #12
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

How is Grimrock 2? I've been tempted to try it but I thought the grid fighting in the first one was a little wonky.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Well, since I was used to Eye of the Beholder series, it wasn't too hard to get a handle on, you should get it down quick. Best way to map movement is use the number key pad like this:

8 is up
7 is turn left
9 is turn right
5 is back up
4 is strafe left
6 is strafe right

and use your mouse for clicking on the attacks.. swords, spells, inventory... it makes it a lot easier.

I LOVE it right now! lots of neat quests--some are easy, so new players won't get discouraged, and then there are more complicated ones --that will reward you for your persistence with some nice treasure chests!

It's worth $24.. and get it at GoG.. so you get the non DRM version AND a free steam key.. just in case you want to unlock steams achievements. I dunno if you need steam to use the editor to make your own levels... I tried it in steam, and man, the editor is nice! I could remake EOB 1 if I made a few textures, and all new 3d monsters

Hasbro is just SITTING on the damn DnD License... Neverwinter online is just one game.. come on, reboot the goldbox games! (keep them strategic, NOT action based)..

If you get it, let me know!! It's really fun. And in 2, you can roam and enter different areas of your choosing.. no more 'you're on rails'.... at least for now, from what I see it's open ended. which rocks.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #14
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's going to be a while. I'm really broke right now.