Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-01-2001, 06:59 AM   #1
DerBlubb

Heyas,

my first post in a forum, so i hope it works...

I have a big Problem playing Wizards&Warriors. Iam playing RPGs since the Bards Tale and the Beginning of Wizardry.
The most fun in an RPG is to create a Character and level it up.

Iam wondering about the raising of my Hitpoints in W&W. I have created a dwarven Warrior with a Fortitude of 18.
Hes now Barbar Level 5. Every level up he gets only 1 hitpoint. Why does he have 18 Fortitude and only get 1
hp every level. My stupid caster with a fortitude of 10 gets 3hps. It cannot be that my elf caster has more hitpoints
than my dwarven and human warrior. Is this a bug? Or does someone know of it?
Its not much fun to play a rpg if your characters suck.

Thanks for your answers (and sorry for my english)

Blubb
Old 02-01-2001, 07:23 AM   #2
ostrich

Use a cheat? Cast "Toughen" before u enter a town, then exit the town. Toughen increase your hp temporary and due to a bug, when u enter and left town, your hp remains.
Old 02-01-2001, 08:37 AM   #3
Magnus

I'm not sure where it states in the manual but when you attain a new role you only recieve minimal benefits until you surpass your previous class. So your 5th level Barbarian will only get one hit point until he surpasses his 7th level Warrior. But don't worry. I've had my Barbarian recieve 25 or even 41 hit points when he surpassed his warrior level. Just remember to save before doing your level ups'. Some people don't do this but I don't like the random 1 hit point for my fighter characters either.
Old 02-01-2001, 11:13 AM   #4
DerBlubb

Heya,

I didnt read something about the small benefits after a class change. Good to know.

Many thanks for your answers. This will help

Blubb
Old 02-01-2001, 06:22 PM   #5
Lord Roberts

You can find info in the manual on page 44