Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 11:48 PM   #1
Roku
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know you see alot of questions like this, but here goes. I want to be a monk, I think its an awesome class. My question is what party to build around him. I'm using a party right now and it feels a bit weak, we have a very hard time with most combat situations. Right now its Monk, Minsc, Jaheria, Yoshi, Nalia, and Aeirie. I don't want to put any evil characters (Edwin, or Korgan). I had Cernd for a little while (I dropped Aierie) but he seemed like a total waste.

Usually I find that I'm using me, Minsc, and Jaheria as front line fighters, and Nalia, and Yoshi as archers with Aierie using spells or her sling.

So I'm up for suggestions.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:27 AM   #2
Singe

Monks are pretty kick ass once you get them up there.
Have you checked Mazzy out she was one of my favorites.
you got two people with theing abilities, I dont think you need that.
Mazzy could to as much damage with her bow, then yoshimo and nalia combined with there bows. Plus shes a halfing paladine, shes got her own paladine abilities. You might want to look into that.

Old 06-21-2001, 12:44 AM   #3
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Mazzy is a paladin? I thought she was just a fighter? Boy that one went right over my head LOL.
Well a monk detects traps I think, but you still need a thief to unlock boxes, disarm traps, etc.
That party you have isn't that bad, some fighters and casters in there, with a thief or so. Not a bad party to have especially if you dont' want to get any evil guys in. I say keep it as it is, and keep going.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:37 AM   #4
Grinch
The Magister

You need some blockers,pick up Jan Jansen,who will function as a thief adn a mage,pick up Anomen who can function as a cleric and a fighter.Drop Aerie,drop Nalia,drop Yoshimo. Pick up Valgar for a scout and backup fighter.IMHO.

------------------
Grinch
Old 06-21-2001, 06:49 AM   #5
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Actually, that's a very balanced party. Two healers, two mages, two thieves, two archers and three tanks. Although several of these might seem weak early on, good equipment will make all the difference. Once your monk has enough levels, you might not even need the rest except to Breach down a mage's defenses. Try using the Haste spell before large battles, and don't be afraid to use the potions- there's plenty more where those came from.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:40 PM   #6
ianbkwan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Drop Nalia, get Keldorn Firecam if you want another frontline character. Jaheira can be either for frontline or for rear, depends on your taste. Maybe Jaheira, Yoshimo, and Airie as the back line.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:42 PM   #7
ianbkwan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Drop Nalia, get Keldorn Firecam if you want another frontline character. Jaheira can be either for frontline or for rear, depends on your taste. Maybe Jaheira, Yoshimo, and Airie as the back line.
Old 06-21-2001, 06:06 PM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by sunder:
Mazzy is a paladin? I thought she was just a fighter? Boy that one went right over my head LOL.
Well a monk detects traps I think, but you still need a thief to unlock boxes, disarm traps, etc.
That party you have isn't that bad, some fighters and casters in there, with a thief or so. Not a bad party to have especially if you dont' want to get any evil guys in. I say keep it as it is, and keep going.
No, actually Mazzy *is* a fighter, albeit a fighter with some special paladin-like abilities. Halflings can't be real paladins in 2nd edition AD&D, though Mazzy, according to the manual, is as close as you can get to a paladin without actually being one.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia