Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-01-2004, 07:27 PM   #1
shadowspecter
The Magister

I just finish reading the Dark Elf trilogy and it was really good. What books continue after the Dark Elf trilogy? By chance, does any books mention what happens to Drizzt sister and his step brother because I was hoping that Sojourn would have mentioned something, but it didn't.

Thanks if you can answer the question.
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 12-01-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i don't have a clue, i can ask morgie, but this question should be in the books and movies forum
Old 12-01-2004, 07:48 PM   #3
Spirits forever

yeah there's the icewind dale trilogy, far beter than the dark elf tri..must read it..

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2004, 07:58 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I've read them all, save for the latest book. Actually, the icewind dale trilogy was made before the dark elf trilogy, and the dark elf trilogy was a sort of prequel.

After that is the Legacy of the Drow series, Paths of Darkness series, and the Hunter's Blades series, in that order. I haven't read the last of the Hunter's Blades yet to know if another series will be made, though I hope so.

Note on the Icewind Dale trilogy: Being Salvatore's first novel, it is not exactly a perfect sequel to the Dark Elf series, though it is close. Drizzt's past is a bit different, though it is "fixed" after the trilogy.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:48 PM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I really like them all. I havn't read the last one either (got a hold at the Library) but I know it will be good. Search movies, books and shows for a recent thread, or just scroll through the last few pages.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:57 PM   #6
Mercc
Dungeon Master

I am about half way through the book 3 of The Hunters Blade and it is entertaining. I think though that he has said this is the last. He supposedly ties up all the romances and such. I read it in an interview somewhere. This is only the 17th book in the series...

Mercc
Old 12-01-2004, 11:02 PM   #7
Maj
Drow Warrior

I've only read two Forgotten Realms books... I had a bad experience and never went back. But maybe I'll have a look at some of these titles you are all mentioning.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:16 PM   #8
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
I just finish reading the Dark Elf trilogy and it was really good. What books continue after the Dark Elf trilogy? By chance, does any books mention what happens to Drizzt sister and his step brother because I was hoping that Sojourn would have mentioned something, but it didn't.

Thanks if you can answer the question.
You do get to meet Dinin and Vierna later on after the quest for Mitheral Hall has been completed.

Here is a list of the books in Chronological order

The Dark Elf Trilogy

Homeland

Exile

Sojourn

The Icewind Dale Trilogy

The Crystal Shard

Streams of Silver

The Halfling's Gem

Legacy of the Drow

The Legacy

Starless Night

Siege of Darkness

Passage to Dawn

Paths of Darkness

The Silent Blade

The Spine of the World

Servant of the Shard

Sea of Swords

The Hunter's Blades Trilogy

The Thousand Orcs

The Lone Drow

The Two Swords (October 2004)

R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen

These books do not contain Drizzt however they show life in Menzoberanzzan

Dissolution - Richard Lee Byers

Insurrection - Thomas M Reid

Condemnation - Richard Baker

Extinction - Lisa Smedman

Annihilation - Philip Athans

Ressurection - Paul S Kemp

Hope this helps!

[ 12-01-2004, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 12-01-2004, 11:26 PM   #9
supercowman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First of alll R.A. Salvatore is a beast. and secondly his next books will be about Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle as they go through the bloodstone lands. and Dinin is Drizzt's HALF brother it's not exactly a step brother if you take the real definition and Dinin and Vierna come back in the first book of the legacy of the drow, not to mention it brings back Entreri into play... hee hee hee, Entreri is freakin' awesome !
Old 12-01-2004, 11:33 PM   #10
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

He also killed Chewbacca.

Is that what you really want to say?