Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-01-2004, 09:43 PM   #21
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Hahaha....cicadas are just harmless insects....sometimes when they chirp they are just predicting the rain.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 06-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #22
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I second the motion of the Southerners herding all the cicadas and crickets to the North. Yankees!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2004, 10:39 PM   #23
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

hey not all northerners are yankees, altho i am proudly a yankee. but i think my husband would take offense.

btw her is an idahoan spud

[ 06-01-2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 06-01-2004, 10:46 PM   #24
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
btw her is an idahoan spud
have no idea what you just said there rev [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-01-2004, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 06-01-2004, 11:19 PM   #25
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I have the impression that that was her husband...and Dron, they haven't even shown up at your house yet! Their all up her, tormenting Cincinatians...serves 'em right I suppose... :::grumbles something obscene about Porkopolis:::

I was walking with my sister to my car yesterday (I was going to drive her somewhere), and literally had to shout to be heard above them...It's just like static, only louder...like what the alarm-clock radio blares when someone has screwed up the dial...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 06-01-2004, 11:24 PM   #26
Sythe
Ra

Ilander I know what you are going through. There are litterly millions all over my neighborhood. When I was riding my bike downhill one nearly went into my mouth then another slammed into my neck and I almost fell off my bike. And when I flicked them off one of them made a loud screeching noise! I thought they were cool at first but I agree they are annoying! And they smell like crap when they die. There is a graveyard in my backyard and it's filled with the dead stench of cicadas.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:57 AM   #27
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The problem in my neighborhood is earwigs. A couple weeks ago I wandered home from a concert at 2am to the sliding glass door down here. There was lots of...crunching beneath my feet, and after turning on the light I saw the ground was black with the little bastards. SO sick...I was trying to give my horse water on another occasion, wondering why nothing was coming out of the hose...well after shaking it, a lot of earwigs came out, and THEN the water...yuck! Sometimes I catch them walking on the wall, they even fall on me from the ceiling...ick ick!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:41 AM   #28
Son of Osiris

Wanna kill the birds? I recommend one of these bad boys:

http://www.villainsupply.com/heavyarms.html
[img]graemlins/shooter08.gif[/img]

Or, if those are too big for you (wuss) I recommend one of these:
http://www.villainsupply.com/smallarms.html
[img]graemlins/shooter07.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 10:11 AM   #29
quietman1920

I apologize for giving the impression that NJ and NY shipped all of their cicadas to the south. NJ is remarkably cicada-free however.

(And I definately don't apologise for the the Yankees stuffing some Baltimore Birds last night 8-7. Go Yankees!!!)
Old 06-02-2004, 10:34 AM   #30
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
I was trying to give my horse water on another occasion, wondering why nothing was coming out of the hose...well after shaking it, a lot of earwigs came out, and THEN the water...yuck!
You've just cured me of drinking straight from the hose, LB... [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.