Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 08:43 AM   #21
Erekose
The Magister

Indeed Sir Tanty where is the heroism in slaughtering all your opponents with godlike ease?
Old 03-29-2001, 08:49 AM   #22
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Good thing they din't implement gods proprely in Bg2, I have a hard time imagining Helm sitting on his throne on top of everwatch in Mechanus, Going Oh wow Bhall's son is worshiping me. Usualy Gods are mindfull of such events. They probebly realise that a Bhall spawn could become a Divinity.

Unless they decided to take a wait and see stance.
Old 03-29-2001, 08:53 AM   #23
Erekose
The Magister

I wonder what primus would think of Helm's presence in Mechanus?
Old 03-29-2001, 09:13 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Erekose:
Indeed Sir Tanty where is the heroism in slaughtering all your opponents with godlike ease?
You just need more worthy opponents and a better AI system, that's all. Heroism is defined by actions, not levels.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-29-2001, 09:44 AM   #25
Erekose
The Magister

I would love to see Temple of Elemental Evil as a Computer RPG.... Then again if it wouldn't be a challenge then maybe not. It would also probably take 8 cd's.....
Old 03-29-2001, 10:09 AM   #26
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Quote:
I wonder what primus would think of Helm's presence in Mechanus?
I suppose He can't do nothing, (I only know Helm's tower everwatch is on Mechanus) and not many creature would try to attack a God's domain. From the little I read Everwatch is a huge tower manned by countless petioners of Helm and there only duty is to be ever vigiglant and stand guard. Stand guard againts what? who know maybe an attack from the field of the forever war of aacheron.
Old 03-29-2001, 10:12 AM   #27
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
It would also probably take 8 cd's.....
DVD?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-29-2001, 07:48 PM   #28
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Dvd's are still kinda of a luxury Item on most Pc's before doing games only on Dvd they should wait awhile.
Old 03-29-2001, 11:23 PM   #29
Jimbo
The Magister

Well, I'll weigh in on what I think.

First I look to the balance of the game and how well is it gonna let me think out side of the box. Second I'll look to see how the game fits in the style of the good dm, the bad dm, and the unflexable dm. Third is if it is balanced and not scewered of to one side of fighting to another.

Basically, the game should tell a good story, and let me do things that influence the outcome, and effect how it is played out. Un-winable situations, or getting upset because someone figured out a diffrent way to do something then how you designed it (and getting all hisseyed up about it) don't win you points. Neither does buggy or unreasonable requirements. Also, hiding information is not tolerated, and is a good way to loose my trust (hiding information to make the story better yes, hiding about basic combat function isn't).

Balance problems...
Just a can of worms i was thinking of, example brought up about a moduel where magic is rare, but the casters still have it. And if you leave in the current monsters you were sugesting you would have to rebalance them so that the people running that moduel could do it. Example, +1 weapons are rare and considered god like, but, the end quest is to kill a vampier. Would need to either lessen vamps power (from being only able to be hit by +2 weapons), or would have to break your rule of magic items. It's not a blast on your idea, but your disableing the fighter types from doing there ability to kill that creature. It is a fine line of walking the balance tight rope, personally i prefer a world where all classes sort of balance out the same in usefullness and ability. Plus the game is being played for escapeism, so magic all around doesn't bother me.

We could pick an example in this game being that the archers and spell slingers allways went for the closest target and not going for our spell casters in the rear. That is a hinderance of the AI, maybe it can be changed, and maybe there are ways to make it work, where it is more of a challenge, but not an un-winable situation.

Anyway, just some thoughts.
Better AI, better balance, and fun.

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 03-30-2001, 06:58 AM   #30
Erekose
The Magister

It would be nice if they could come up with a standard for DVD's but until all the parties come to the table it seems that's going to take a while. Limiting the amount of magic items would be a good start i guess, of course we could always impose these restictions ourselves i guess. I might try capping the experience of a party myself and see what challenge that offers. Thanks for everyones ideas.
Cheers