Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #11
Mr Creosote
The Magister

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!

Installing the Codecs from Willow's link fixed it.

Thank you ever so much for your kind assistance.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 01:46 PM   #12
bsftcs
Red Dragon

A new victory for the techies. I told you!
Old 09-16-2003, 02:33 PM   #13
WillowIX
Apophis

Phew! *wipes forehead* You had me worried there when you said you couldn't download the codec. Strange site that really. It looks respectable but it says that Indeo 5 is incorporated for free, when Indeo 5 isn't freeware at all. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

The ir41_32.ax file is the codec file for Indeo 4. Sometimes you have the necessary file but it isn't registered, which you then have to do manually.

Then one thing I thought you could change was the video entry. You could've set it to C:\Windows or anything at all. I'm guessing that should have bypassed the intro.

And quicktime didn't work? Strange. Those apple codecs should be able to replace the Indeo version.

OK but it DID work out! YAY! [img]smile.gif[/img] Enjoy the game! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Oh and Macoati, the intro aren't avi files. They're bik files. A very frustrating video format since you can't do anything with it. The PDF format of video files. Of course nowadays there are stand alone players for this format as well. [img]smile.gif[/img] Now I'm off to see if I can tweak Virtualdub to toy with the bik files. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh and the no files in the zip file could be due to a cluster error. Run a checkdisk of the drive just to make sure. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-16-2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:15 PM   #14
macoati
Manshoon

blk files...forgot about that [img]smile.gif[/img] was stuck on the townmasks, thanks for the reminder! ... hmm... you're right, not much can be done... maybe I'll see what I can do to them tonight. Will report later.

Glad it worked for you Mr. Creosote! Enjoy!!!

Way to go WILLOWIX

[ 09-16-2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: macoati ]
Old 09-17-2003, 01:40 AM   #15
the mighty stamar

Create a file with notepad blank
rename it to the opening.bik filename ( I dont know what it is offhand.\)

this is a way to get around trouble with bink files.

Everyone who has XP with service pack 1 INCLUDED has this problem. Not the old xp where u donwload sp1.

And I assume windows server 2003. So its that recent, it affects a handful of games almost all with the opening movie.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote