Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2002, 02:59 PM   #61
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Err...yeah, I'm a butch goth! Look at me, i'm so 'ard...I even got Wum tattoed on my arm!
Old 09-06-2002, 03:05 PM   #62
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Wum?
Old 09-06-2002, 03:06 PM   #63
Kaltia
Jack Burton

yeah, it was gonna be mum but I passed out and the tatooist didn't realise I was upside down.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:06 PM   #64
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL @ Kaltia. So, the school Goth stalks you? Does that mean that he thinks you are a Goth, too? Or is all our talk about the musical subsets sticking together a lot of hot air? "Birds of a feather flock together," or "Opposites attract?"
Old 09-06-2002, 04:17 PM   #65
Moni

I was wondering if this thread had died LOL
I got a friend of mine from high school to scan and send me my picture out of my sophomore yearbook (1977-78).
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
I am having problems getting it to download though. I have to sign off and try again. I just may have to ask him to zip it and resend (its huge...how is beyond me but for right now, its giving me hell to get onto my hard drive).
I'll post it somewhere whenever I get it to work or get it resent.

Old 09-06-2002, 05:00 PM   #66
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL @ Kaltia. So, the school Goth stalks you? Does that mean that he thinks you are a Goth, too? Or is all our talk about the musical subsets sticking together a lot of hot air? "Birds of a feather flock together," or "Opposites attract?"
He's just strange. my personaly idea is that he's lonely. He's buggered off to berlin on an exchange trip though.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-07-2002, 07:24 AM   #67
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I don't know any goths(I think) and I can't remember ever meeting any. Not surprising, Denmark is so damn xenophobic and anti-anything-that's-not-traditional. I mean, even my family's permanently branded me because I listen to some, in their opinion, unusual music and spend a good deal of time online.

Any goths in Denmark would, in my opinion and if I'm correct about what a goth is, have a VERY hard time. Something akin to what Larry described, if not worse. At least some of the "extreme" goths, or any that weren't very subdued about it.

As for the discussion on music, Attalus was right in mentioning me, I couldn't live without my music. I honestly think that it'd be worse on me to go deaf than it would for me to go blind. And music is MADE to be played loud, if you can't feel the vibrations hammering through your body it's not loud enough!

*leaves the thread temporarily to listen to some Metallica and whatever else he currently has on his playlist*
Old 09-07-2002, 09:24 AM   #68
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, you immediately came to mind, Neb. Helen Keller, whom some of you know was rendered blindd and deaf by measles (I believe), wrote that if she could have only one back, by some miracle, it would be hearing. I have always felt so sorry for Beethoven, writing those great crashing symphonies and lovely sonatas, not being able to hear a note.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:37 AM   #69
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

How strange, when I posted this, it did not go to the head of the queue. Let's see if it does this time. Server acting up?