Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-31-2000, 06:31 PM   #1
Kate
Welcomed New User

In the book it says that bards get moon magic spells. My rogue became a bard and she seems to have a level 1 fiend spell that she can use as well as a level 1 moon spell...however when she goes up a level "fiend" does not appear as something you can put points into. I can choose to learn another fiend spell on the spell learning screen. On the other hand, the wizard who became a warlock can put points into fiend magic, but only stone, sun and moon appear when I go to choose a spell. Can't be right, surely?
The other thing is, after the wizard changed to a warlock, I kept putting points into stone magic and sun magic, but can't get any spells higher than 4th level, which is the level of spells I had got to when I changed. Is this a bug or do I have to wait until the warlock level equals the wizard level? (about level 9 I think).
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2000, 12:08 AM   #2
Kate
Welcomed New User

No I don't have that many abilities - you must be joking! Not having used the money cheats (much...just to get about 800 extra gold right at the beginning) I haven't got the kind of money you need to get loads of extra abilities and stuff. I don't think it's that. Besides, why can the bard use fiend spells? I'm sure she isn't supposed to.
Old 11-01-2000, 10:00 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Do any of these characters have so many abilities that they fill up both "pages" that display the skills? I read in the review written by Scorpia that if any character actually has more skill than can be displayed on the 2 pages there is no apparent way to get to the skills that have "scrolled off".
You should still be able to train in these skills at either the temple or magic shop. I've noticed that one of my own characters who I switched from wizard to warlock to ranger is unable to get spells of higher levels even though she has more than matched the level she was at when she changed class. Perhaps I should have waited longer before I switched her class.
Wyv