Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2001, 03:52 AM   #11
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Avalon:
Glad to hear it's a good movie. I plan on going to see it. My son's high school marching band has been selected to go to Hawaii in November to represent the USS Tennessee for the 60th anniversary parade in Honolulu. It's quite an honor and they are doing some fundraising to help pay for the cost of the trip.

I hope your son is in good shape cause that parade is always loooooong and hot.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-26-2001, 04:55 AM   #12
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
It was pretty uncool being bombed in Britain too... But I forgot... only America had anything to do with WW2, lol!

hm you know how *They* are Fljotsdale
but thinking about it
Didn't you witnes the bomings conscionsly
that had to be pretty hard to bare
or maybe I'm just a soft ass

------------------

Help me create A Fantasy Realm with your imagination

Old 05-26-2001, 05:14 AM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
hm you know how *They* are Fljotsdale
but thinking about it
Didn't you witnes the bomings conscionsly
that had to be pretty hard to bare
or maybe I'm just a soft ass

At the start of the war, Rickard, I was just 2yrs old, by the end I was 8. Too young to be scared, really. But we lived on the outskirts of an industrial city, and not far from an airport. Where I lived was not DELIBERATELY bombed - but the misses aimed at the airport fell uncomfortably close. There were 2 bombs that hit in the field behind our house, many more that hit in other parts of the area, and the factory and city areas got pretty whacked. There were bomb sites everywhere you went in the city, and there was the constant racket of anti-aircraft guns and bombers going over the house... Funny thing - life just went on...
My 3yrs older brother was old enough to be scared, as were my parents, but little me just found it exciting

------------------

Old 05-26-2001, 08:27 AM   #14
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
that's cool lady avalon, what school does he go to? i was in smyrna high's marching band

Slackerboy, he goes to John Overton High School. We were at some competitions last year and Smyrna High School was represented.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 05-27-2001, 05:08 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Just my 2cents
Whats with the whole love/war thing? Enemy at the Gates was pretty good till the girl came along. I thought Enemy at the Gates was THE war movie to watch, since Pearl Harbor was just a love story with a war setting.
But historically, the damage that the Japanese did was not as devastating as it should have been. 2 Carriers were away from the harbor at the time and they were untouched and ready to carry on the war in the pacific. And the Japanese were FAR from unannounced, surprise attackers, no matter what the movie potrays them to be. The Americans had plenty of warning! Besides..there are no neutrals in war..only potential enemies. Unless you're Swiss..

But its still a good movie!
------------------
Why?

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 05-27-2001).]