Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2003, 09:58 PM   #141
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
I don't want snow! I want rain! Lots of rain! I'll drive down the street every morning, splashing the kids of their way to school! [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img] Mwahaha!
Uhh... well, is there any reason why you want to do that [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Anyway, pop over to Southeast Asia and you'll get plenty enough of rain here [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 10:08 PM   #142
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Hi Ladyzekke [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I'm not sure how long the monsoon lasts exactly, but we do tend to get wet weather around Nov-Dec. Which is not altogether bad (considering the weather is hot and humid for the rest of the year, particularly in Jun-Jul). It makes for wonderful weather to sleep or stay in bed in, if you're on vacation leave

Hmm, gotta love cranberry muffin [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] which I just got from Coffee Bean across the street. The funniest thing happened... my colleague ordered a sesame seed bagel and ended up scrapping off the sesame seeds cos she hadn't really realised how much she disliked them, LOL

So far so good, and I'll be off work in about 1.5 hours' time. Thinking of getting my Vanity Fair DVDs from HMV this afternoon. Woohoo!
Well we are supposed to get snow here overnight, so my plan for tomorrow is stay home, watch the pretty snow fall, and make chili.

LOL sesame seeds hardly even have a taste! Well I hope your colleague survived her horrid seed ordeal LOL [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-05-2003, 10:22 PM   #143
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I kind of miss seeing snow Two experiences with it while I was in the UK are still imprinted in my mind...

The first was when I caught sight of a few snowflakes dancing in the wind before I left my hostel room. So, I stuffed my camera and soft toy (yes, picture an 18-year-old undergraduate going to lectures with a soft toy in her backpack [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ). There was a special reason why I wanted to do that, and here is why... that little soft toy (incidentally, my favourite, even to this day) was made to resemble the baby version of an abominable snowman. Snowbaby (for that was his name) was whitish, had a blue nose and blue soles and a red-and-white-striped cap. As I was passing by the college gardens, I saw the snow-covered grass and placed Snowbaby on it. Quick as lightning, before anyone passed by and laughed his/her head off at the ludicrous sight, I snapped a picture of my toy. This, I repeated at several spots. And I was pretty satisfied with the pictures when they turned out. Of course, it was rather mortifying that the snow was whiter than Snowbaby [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

The second experience I had was on the eve of the Chinese New Year. A number of my friends were making the rounds at the various colleges among which we were scattered. I joined the merry band and witnessed a scene when an unsuspecting friend was smacked by a gigantic snowball by one of the group We had a few snowfights on that magical night, and I skipped classes the next day

Ah, schooldays always seem pleasant on hindsight...
Old 12-05-2003, 10:32 PM   #144
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

~ponders posting something about a half naked Jen but thinks better of it [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 10:35 PM   #145
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Very informative.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:31 PM   #146
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I do not think she will like that downunda [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 11:38 PM   #147
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
I kind of miss seeing snow Two experiences with it while I was in the UK are still imprinted in my mind...

The first was when I caught sight of a few snowflakes dancing in the wind before I left my hostel room. So, I stuffed my camera and soft toy (yes, picture an 18-year-old undergraduate going to lectures with a soft toy in her backpack ). There was a special reason why I wanted to do that, and here is why... that little soft toy (incidentally, my favourite, even to this day) was made to resemble the baby version of an abominable snowman. Snowbaby (for that was his name) was whitish, had a blue nose and blue soles and a red-and-white-striped cap. As I was passing by the college gardens, I saw the snow-covered grass and placed Snowbaby on it. Quick as lightning, before anyone passed by and laughed his/her head off at the ludicrous sight, I snapped a picture of my toy. This, I repeated at several spots. And I was pretty satisfied with the pictures when they turned out. Of course, it was rather mortifying that the snow was whiter than Snowbaby

The second experience I had was on the eve of the Chinese New Year. A number of my friends were making the rounds at the various colleges among which we were scattered. I joined the merry band and witnessed a scene when an unsuspecting friend was smacked by a gigantic snowball by one of the group We had a few snowfights on that magical night, and I skipped classes the next day

Ah, schooldays always seem pleasant on hindsight...
That's so cool about Snowbaby! LOL that Snowbaby wasn't as white as the snow LOL, ah well, what can you do LOL. At least you probably got a memorable pic or two that you can always look at and remember [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh and yes, snowball fights can be fun, but it depends on who you are "fighting" with LOL. Not much fun playing with guys all testosteroned-up wanting to open up a can of whoopass, and who takes something lightly fun into a some grudge match LOL! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I.E., you slam my face with a big icy snowball, and point and laugh as I feel for blood on my face, I'm not going to be a happy camper LOL, and violent retaliation will be immenent LOL.

LOL, as you said, ahhhh, memories of youth.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-05-2003, 11:53 PM   #148
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
I do not think she will like that downunda [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, for all we know she could be flattered by it, but I wouldn't be able to tell you for certain. But I still think Downunda needs at least a slap on the wrist for that one.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 12-06-2003, 12:53 AM   #149
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Mistral! Maybe LadyZ and I can send you some of our Snow! It's easier to do renovations with snow, it can be brushed off.. sort of... LOL

We are expecting 8-12 inches of snow by the end of the day tomorrow so I am postponing my search for shoes and accessories for my wedding dress.

LadyZ, I heard it already socked you folks earlier today! Airports were closing and travelers stuck for a day or two it looks like.

Downunday! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] She may not mind ....much!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:27 AM   #150
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Poison Dart Frog:
Did I mention we own a paint your own pottery studio? Here's our website...
This will teach me not to wander away from the Cafe for several days. Azred slaps himself. The only thing I got from my ex was the ability to throw clay (when she wasn't throwing it at me [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), mixing glazes, and firing kilns (electric and gas). I could make a very nice green chun glaze, which worked fine since I never used anything but porcelain. Ok...enough shop talk.

I simply must begin drafting a two-week notice, since my district manager has decided to leave me in limbo. Perhaps I'll even give them two weeks....but I doubt it. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.