Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2003, 04:49 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

All the people who have lost their Diablo II: Lord of Destruction copy, or lost the cd-key or had whatever thing happening that made it impossible to play unless you buy a new copy.. I mourn for you. And myself also, cause I happen to be one of those people [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

But there is an alternative! A good one at that! That would be http://www.muonline.com/

MU Online is the name of the game. It is a Korean MMORPG(Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game), a Diablo II clone, which has enough original ideas(regarding the creation of items and such) to make it worth a while. You can choose between 3 classes - Dark Wizard, Dark Warrior and Elf.

I have a lvl 21 Dark Warrior, a lvl 8 Dark Wizard and lvl 3 Elf, as I tried to compare the gameplay of each character.

What I really like about MU is that it is quite stylish - the characters look very cool and Anime-like (I named my Elven sharpshooter Miko-Sama, As I've seen quite a bit of Inu-Yasha ) The variety of characters may not be that big, but they go very different ways:
Elf: Bowmaster, uses beef-up spells. Also adequate at summoning pet goblins, and if you're strong enough, giants and more such strong characters.
Dark Warrior: Your character if you're in for slashing or thumping with heavy weaponry. My favourite for the time being, as you can choose if you make a big strength-pumped guy, or an agile assassin with dual-blades. The variety of weapons is great, if you look around in town. Many of the breath-takingly cool weapons will only be usable once you get to a very high lvl
Dark Wizard: You know, wizard - staves, spells and all that. Fortunately, this game's Wizard-specific hats/helms aren't lame birthday hats as was in Dungeon Siege

The Experience cap is 220. Once you reach that, you can create a Magic Gladiator(Yeah, kind of a lame name ), the fourth and most recently added character. He gets a 7 stat point bonus per level, as opposed to a normal character's 5, is able to use the skills of all characters, and has other nifty abilities.

Okay, I'm tired of explaining. I'll get going and strenghten my Warrior some more
Old 12-06-2003, 08:05 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

When I first heard about that game. I thought it was Manchester United Online. I mean what the heck? Manchester United now got their own game and it's online? LOL
Old 12-06-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

That game looks awesome!! I have already become a member and have tried downloading the game but my download speed always drops down to about 1KB/Sec...
I know there probably is no other way, but if anyone knows another way to get that game, please tell me.
But tell me first, is the game as good as it looks?
And im guessing it uncompresses, how big is it fully installed?
Old 12-07-2003, 03:37 AM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
When I first heard about that game. I thought it was Manchester United Online. I mean what the heck? Manchester United now got their own game and it's online? LOL
Hehe, I've never really though of MU as Manchester United before.

As a Japan-maniac, I have to ask: Are there many soccer fans in Japan? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 03:45 AM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
That game looks awesome!! I have already become a member and have tried downloading the game but my download speed always drops down to about 1KB/Sec...
I know there probably is no other way, but if anyone knows another way to get that game, please tell me.
But tell me first, is the game as good as it looks?
And im guessing it uncompresses, how big is it fully installed?
Ah yes, the server is in Korea, so I also had quite some trouble downloading. I think it sometimes downloads from another server, cause sometimes when I tried, it downloaded 400Bytes, sometimes 50Kb. I suppose you try downloading both the zip and executable, and trying until you get it right.

Another Estonian anime fan told me about this game about a month ago. Seems it's been online for quite some time. I'd really like to know if there's other such games
Old 12-07-2003, 05:54 AM   #6
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

is this game pay per month?
Old 12-07-2003, 01:39 PM   #7
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
is this game pay per month?
Since this is still just the Beta, the game is absolutely free.

I would never succumb to paying for playing