Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 01:47 AM   #11
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well, this has gotten my attention and here is my advice.

Candle burning does attract spirits, which is why they are used in sayances.
Furthermore, while spirits cannot physically harm people, they can take objects and such. Why it would want your keys, I've no clue. But spirits can be odd nontheless. Ever hear of a poltergeist?
Old 07-06-2003, 02:02 AM   #12
Legolas
Jack Burton

Did you ask Neil?

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 07-06-2003, 10:04 AM   #13
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Stormymystic- I share all my other rooms with other people. The room where I sleep is the only one that locks. It automaticly locks when shut. So I had to use my keys to enter when I went to sleep. If I find it in another room I'm going to start sleeping with one eye open [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Arledrian- It's truely and honor to be accepting this award. I'll take it as a momento to all who have worked hard to get me here. *tear* I would like to thank my mother, my father, my...*a few hours later*...This pen. *snif* I don't think I could have done it without this pen. Thank you all so much.

mysticelt- I think you just managed to solve the mystery of why the last bite of my burrito was so hard to swallow [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

SecretMaster- I don't understand how burning a candle is suppose to invite a poltergeist. I mean it is just string and wax. But there's a lot I don't know so I'll just take your word for it and stop burning candles while trying to sleep. Have any other bits of advice to go alone with this?

Legolas- No I haven't ask him yet. But maybe I should. He has been acting a bit odd lately. And just look at this guilty face yeah that face has guilt written all over it.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:30 PM   #14
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Did you ask Neil?
Legolas! Really! That is the most pointless response ever! ROMCLOL! Would You TRUST what HE
SAYS? What were you thinking, Man!

*j/k dude!
Old 07-06-2003, 06:31 PM   #15
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake:

SecretMaster- I don't understand how burning a candle is suppose to invite a poltergeist. I mean it is just string and wax. But there's a lot I don't know so I'll just take your word for it and stop burning candles while trying to sleep. Have any other bits of advice to go alone with this?
If you go to the graveyard at qing ming or during hungry ghost festival. what do you mostly see? Candles , hell money, hell gold and other stuff. This is why people say candles attract spirit.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:52 PM   #16
SecretMaster
Apophis

Spirits are attracted in many strange ways, I don't know why candles attract them, i just know they attract them.

If you truly want your keys, and if you are not scared, I suggest contacting the spirit again. Obviously, you have some energy in your house. If you look this stuff up somewhere, you can find how to try to find a spirit in your house. My suggestion is light some candles around your room, make sure everyone is asleep, and try calling the spirit. As stupid as this may sound, or ridiculous, you may be succesfull in reaching this entity. Maybe then you could shed some light on your dilemma.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:44 PM   #17
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Let us imagine for a second that I cast aside my skeptic side and believe that I could summon a poltergeist. Would it really be a good idea for some one with next to no experience nor knowledge on the subject to try and summon something that is trying to cause harm? And while alone to boot. just seems like a bad idea to me. Not to mention you are talking to one of the worlds biggest chickens! eek the idea alone is enough to make me ruin my pants. so I think it's best if I keep that option as a last resort. Or maybe I could get Neil to do it
Old 07-06-2003, 09:52 PM   #18
SecretMaster
Apophis

IDK who neil is but anyways...

It won't harm you, like I said, entities can't hurt people. Besides, it might not be a poltergeist. Who knows, like u said, its a last resort.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:58 PM   #19
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
IDK who neil is but anyways...

It won't harm you, like I said, entities can't hurt people. Besides, it might not be a poltergeist. Who knows, like u said, its a last resort.
this info is not entirely correct, A poltergeist can cause where a spirt can not, there is a difference, A spirit can not really touch you, but can use their energy to pick up items and move them around, it is how they comunicate, where a poltergeist has a humanoid form, and can have bodily contact to an extent, and has the mind power to remember their past, not a pretty sight, because most poltergeist were umm evil when they were alive, and therfore they are cursed to remain in humanoid form, if they do not get sent to hell

[ 07-06-2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 07-06-2003, 10:01 PM   #20
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

What color candle was it? IIRC, Blue or Black candles serve as 'gateways' sorta for spirts...So the lore goes.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge