Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 05:23 PM   #1
axel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone hear of HPI or Activision providing any more patches for this game or have they given up on it as a lost cause? I've read through many of these messages and it seems that those few of us with technical problems (like my desktop crash exiting the town) NEVER GOT THEM RESOLVED!!! At least Origin release a good final patch for the bug-filled Ultima 9, even though they lost big money in sales.

Regarding W&W technical problems, no one had an answer that worked except re-format the hard drive, re-install the OS, and keep it at DirectX 7 instead of 8. This is truly ridiculous advice; no one should have to do this to get one stupid game running, save those who are totally desperate to play W&W.

Ritesh
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 05:39 PM   #2
dlimbaugh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nope, They promised one but there has not been one in 5 months. But there's always hope, as some companies are still patching games that are 6 -12 month old
dlimbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 05:40 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Axel -

It is extremely unlikely that Activision (which didn't official support the current patch) or HPI will be making another patch. Activision wants to get out of this market altogether and HPI doesn't have the resources to offer the sort of support that I'm sure Bradley would have liked. Mortification has a thread going looking for volunteers with the appropriate knowledge to perhaps be able to do some modifications on our own. Ziroc offered to contact Bradley and see if he might offer us some help on the project as well.
While I agree that players should not have to go to extremes to make a game playable, I think it is, in this case, worth the effort. Having been on this board since October, I have seen posts from players with technical problems and the majority of them have been resolved.
I'm sorry that your desk top crashes have not been resolved. Did you try Saz' techie desk help thread? There still may be hope!

Wyv

(I hate typos)

[This message has been edited by Wyvern (edited 05-22-2001).]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote