Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-13-2006, 02:01 AM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Yep, startin a new game, tryin some different things, usin a few mods and I haven't used any of those yet except the romance one, but now im usin a few more. I'll be going into more depth as the game goes on. Man, I can't believe after all these years, well more like 2 or 3, the game stil has such great appeal. Well I hope somone found this useful [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

enjoy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:08 AM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

What characters have you played before? and What are you going to try now?
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Details!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #5
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I usually play a fighter class, like a paladin, ranger, or something, but now Im trying out the mage class, actually playing it through the whole game. And I've also got the unfinished buisiness mod installed, which is a first time for mod use.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I enjoy playing a spellcaster as my main character. I pay closer attention to what spells I memorize, what spells are in my spell book, and what magic items I carry. When I'm not a main character mage I usually let my npc characters keep the same spells memorized and only change things around if I know a tough battle is coming up. Have you tried a sorceror? Great fun!!
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Ah, Unfinished Business. An absolute must. On a related note, I would recomend the quest pack as well. Adds some interesting quests that fit snuggly into the game
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:00 AM   #8
Raistlin Majere
Ra

I've been planning to play through again as well, probably for the first time in several years too [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll go for an all spellcaster party, not sure which mods..Usually what i've done is basically memorize the same good spells for every spellcaster character, now i'm thinking of giving each a school of their own to stick to. Not sure yet, but i've been thinking of going with the regular npc characters...

The party could look something like this;

Protagonist: Probably Invoker, unless I go multi-/dual-class. Fireballs, lighting bolts and the likes would be his line of expertise.

Edwin, naturally. Everyones favourite conjurer to summon some fodder as well as those oh-so-useful fire arrows.

Aerie, possibly a romance option, as well as a very powerful character at later levels. I'm thinking she would specialize in healing and buff spells, in additon to some offensive spells with a divine feel to them.

Jan Jansen for the banter! He'll also be the main thief of the party, and will of course focus on stealth like spells. Thinking cloud type spells, in addition to the more obvious illusion spells. Perhaps throw in some other disabling spells as well.

Imoen, not sure what sort of spells she'd focus on, but i'm thinking mainly enchantment spells. Seems to fit her personality best.

At this point I run into a slight problem...I could go for Nalia, obviously, but I hate the girl too much...I could go for Cernd to bring some druid action, but I seriously don't like him either. Jaheira would be a viable option, and could function as the tank while she's at it. I could also try out Solaufein via the mod...OR I could bring along Viconia for romance/clerical functions.

Anyhow, I'll have plenty of time to think about it, as I can't seem to find my ToB cd... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote