Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2001, 03:41 PM   #1
sweetcreature
Welcomed New User

In Level 5 Dragon's Eye after enticing Yxunomei out into the corridor, my party was located at the door before entering this corridor. I pulled my party back out of this area, and the door shut. I cannot unlock it to go back in to continue the game.Spells dont work or lockpick. Unfortunately it was saved here. Can someone help?

[This message has been edited by sweetcreature (edited 04-06-2001).]
sweetcreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 08:48 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I think the reason nobody has answered you yet, is maybe because nobody has been through that particular problem. We are not ignoring you. Personally, I have no idea why that would occur.

------------------

Larry, Sell-Sword to the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 09:11 AM   #3
Sir_Tainly

You can reopen it by using a thief, I actually killed Xnomi (i know i can't spell it) but due to needing to resurrect a char had to leave a load of kit in one of the chests down there. when I went back the door was locked, but my thief opened it. Perhaps your thiefs score isn't high enough to do the trick. What you can do is use Dalekeeper to boost your thief's skill, open the lock ,get the goodies, and then use Dalekeeper again to put your stat back to what it was.
Hope this helps. If you don't want to mess abotu with Dale keeper, email me your save and I will sort it for you, and mai lyour save back to you.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 04-06-2001).]
Old 04-06-2001, 02:35 PM   #4
sweetcreature
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the info ...I upgraded my fighter/thief with dale keeper..tried to open the door but he still failed. I still get the same message that the door has a special mechanism system and is also warded against simple spells. Any ideas??
Old 04-06-2001, 03:53 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Have you downloaded the patch? I never had this problem but I think I had the patch in before I fought her. Maybe that will fix it?
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 06:42 PM   #6
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by sweetcreature:
Thanks for the info ...I upgraded my fighter/thief with dale keeper..tried to open the door but he still failed. I still get the same message that the door has a special mechanism system and is also warded against simple spells. Any ideas??

Do't know if this is even possible, but if like in BG2 you can teleport using the console cheats. If this works you could teleport in get the goodies and jump out again.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123
Old 04-06-2001, 07:59 PM   #7
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey Sweet thing! You work it out yet?
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 06:23 AM   #8
sweetcreature
Welcomed New User

Thanks guys! Had to uninstall HOW because the cheat would not work with this. The door still wouldnt budge. I had to use the teleport cheat and teleported my party over. Saved it there. Still had to teleport my party back after killed yuxonmei because the door still remained locked but everthing went a'ok
Old 04-07-2001, 04:38 PM   #9
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

that's cuz you can't open the door. I had the same problem once. once you engage Yuxonemai, all doors in the hallway close.. i noticed it in HOW.. but not in IWD... it sux when your party is hiding behind the door and it closes.. then your hero runs back for reinforcements and finds he';s all alone in the world .. but i like it, it makes the game harder..
in IWD, i once lured Yuxonemai all the way back to the entrance to her level. then i ran back and forth, resting and killing... i know, cheesey
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote