Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

When I was down loading the NWN2 toolset earlier this week, the down load page kept coming up with a message in the lower left that said with all the beta testers comments , NWN2 was going to be pushed back to November 3rd. I just went to the site now to check for any more news on but this message is gone. Did any one else see this message or did I just see things. I remember when the initial tool set release on Octber 1st, there was a delay on that download page for 1 week and it the same message said October 31 was the release date.
I'm getting confused on what is the correct release date, Oct 17, Oct 31 or Nov 3. ( granted Atari is involved so there is a major source of confusion...)
Old 10-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The push backs might actually be Obsidian trying to maintain a modicum of control of their product. From what I've read so far, most people aren't pleased with the toolset at all.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

They could 'push' it back till 2009, but if they don't start over COMPLETELY from scratch, fire all of the NWN2 Obsidian people, and give it back to Bioware, it's gonna be the same piece of GARBAGE.

Everything about the toolset SCREAMS of sloppy coding and just... I dunno guys.. just pisses me off.

How can someone take the NWN franchise and throw it down the toilet? Sucks.... And makes me MAD.

Mad because Obsidian is going to be responsible for destroying NWN2.

Well, As I stated, I didn't have any plans at all to make a Mod With NWN2 because of the warning flags, and well... From what I see, I won't be for sure--at least until they patch the hell outta it (if they GET funding to patch it).

It's sad, really. If Bioware made the sequel, you know that NWN2 would have been as good as NWN1, and BETTER. What we have been given is substandard. I *am* glad I didn't get my hopes up for NWN2, but it still sucks.. I really wanted it to do well...

Anyway, so my plan is to continue forward with EFU in NWN1, and keep updating and upgrading it for many years. Until there's no one playing it online. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Or if The Witcher or Biowares new game has a toolset......

Just sucks man... from a developers standpoint, Obsidian Entertainment will be out of business by July 2007.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Z. Just wait for Dragon Age. its been in development for a looonnnng time. I've been keeping an eye out on it and it looks to be something special.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Hey Z. Just wait for Dragon Age. its been in development for a looonnnng time. I've been keeping an eye out on it and it looks to be something special.
Yeh! Thats the Bioware game I'm waiting for! [img]smile.gif[/img] Haven't heard much about it--but thats a good thing. Hell, Thief 1 was in dev for 3 years, and no one knew about it--just knew the name "The Dark Project". And Thief kicked ass!

(Same for BioShock coming soon). Polish the HELL outta it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can't wait to play Dragon Age. Hope they have a toolset, that would be bad ass.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:24 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Yeh! Thats the Bioware game I'm waiting for! [img]smile.gif[/img] Haven't heard much about it--but thats a good thing. Hell, Thief 1 was in dev for 3 years, and no one knew about it--just knew the name "The Dark Project". And Thief kicked ass!

(Same for BioShock coming soon). Polish the HELL outta it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can't wait to play Dragon Age. Hope they have a toolset, that would be bad ass.
[/QUOTE]It's 50/50. Bioware tend to do niche groups. If they have their own system and they make it real console..y it could die. Still, time is always a good thing and bodes well for any game.

It's like with NWN's 2...I don't know about the rest of you but I only heard about it being developed this year and suddenly bam it's almost here. It seemed I heard about shortly after reading of Atari's terrible financial problems and then out of nowhere the sequel no-one even thought would ever be made was looming on the horizon. With NWN's 1 I heard about it way back when IWD was released and it took years but with this it seemed to manifest itself in a matter of months. So yeah, at this stage and judging from the toolset it looks to be NWN's 1 reskinned with less support. A quick way for Atari to cash in on the prestige of their existing titles (just add a "2" what could be easier!).

I will play the game of course, but I expect a nice single-player D&D OC and that is about it. Been years since a good D&D was released. I don't expect the longevity factor of NWN's 1 or the creative experience. If it's there upon closer inspection, great, but I haven't got my hopes up.

[ 10-14-2006, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 10-14-2006, 04:52 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It's been in development for a while now, and buzzed about in the community for a couple of years. I actually can't remember when I first heard for sure that it was in development, but it's been more than a few months, probably more than a year, considering all the work that my partner and I have done getting ready for release.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote