Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I'll be playing a full 5 hour set tonight, and a 20 min show on peoples emails with some news of the forum over the past Month, and what is to come!!!

Listen now!! Dialup or whatever works now!!
http://www.ironworksforum.com:8000/listen.pls

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

What do you need to open that link? I've got winamp 3 but that doesn't seem to open it.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-11-2003, 06:50 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Oh cool Ziroc! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vaskez - Real Player works fine with it (you can download a free version too, which is what I have) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-11-2003, 07:05 PM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

Vaskez - Real Player works fine with it (you can download a free version too, which is what I have) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Nah, I don't like having too many different programs that perform the same tasks. I already have winamp and windows media player I don't need another media player! [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish could just use 1 but many sites need you to have windows media player (which I would never use otherwise). I wouldn't even use winamp as it annoyingly tries to connect to the web so I have to block it with my firewall. But it's got a good media library feature. What's even more annoying is that I have to have a 3rd program to play UMX files which is the music format for some games like Unreal Tournament and Deus Ex. Bah! Why can't one program do it all?

The point is real player would be my 4th - no thanks! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] Not having a go at you LadyZ, just ranting about annoying lack of a single good program [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 07:10 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

Nah, I don't like having too many different programs that perform the same tasks. I already have winamp and windows media player I don't need another media player! [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish could just use 1 but many sites need you to have windows media player (which I would never use otherwise). I wouldn't even use winamp as it annoyingly tries to connect to the web so I have to block it with my firewall. But it's got a good media library feature. What's even more annoying is that I have to have a 3rd program to play UMX files which is the music format for some games like Unreal Tournament and Deus Ex. Bah! Why can't one program do it all?

The point is real player would be my 4th - no thanks! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] Not having a go at you LadyZ, just ranting about annoying lack of a single good program [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Is this Winamp v3.0 a beta? If so, you should be able to play it.. maybe the file associations are not set? let me know!!

PS: I hate MS Media player too.. the OLD 6.7 version was nice, but XP's 7.0 sucks BAD. I could care less for skins or crap.. I like easy play and stop. MS always overdoes it, and screws it up..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-11-2003, 08:17 PM   #6
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
What do you need to open that link? I've got winamp 3 but that doesn't seem to open it.
winamp3 works fine here.

EDIT> You say your firewall blocks winamp3...?

Maybe you've blocked the connection!

EDIT 2> WOW Eighties stuff! Rock on, Z!

[ 01-11-2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Sir Krustin ]
Old 01-11-2003, 08:23 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

No it's WinAmp 3.0 final version, not beta. I'm such a dumbass I answered my own bloody problem in my prverious post! Duh! I had winamp3 blocked with my firewall so of course I couldn't open the link! Now it works fine If you're playing that smooth melodic song with a bloke singing.

BTW I think XP comes with Windows Media Player 8.0 not 7.0. 7.0 is the best version for previous versions of windows. I hate 8.0 because of all the inf it gathers about users and sends back to MS, like what DVDs you watch etc.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:24 PM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
quote:
winamp3 works fine here.

EDIT> You say your firewall blocks winamp3...?

Maybe you've blocked the connection!

EDIT 2> WOW Eighties stuff! Rock on, Z!
[/QUOTE]shutup smartass I alrady noticed that! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 08:25 PM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Ziroc, you won't get me listening to that 80's crap Put some hip-hop on or something. hehe I bet you won't cos I'll be the only one requesting it, knowing this lot.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:27 PM   #10
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Just so anybody doesn't think I'm a total geek, I like hiphop as well. Old-school rap (LLCoolJ, forex) is great too.