Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-21-2004, 07:22 AM   #21
Jorath Calar
Harper

puh... so what? I'm Stephen King...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2004, 07:34 AM   #22
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I believe Robert Rankin first mentioned the name "Barry the Sprout" in an interview at The Octagon in Dublin on the 9th October 1999. He stated that BTS was to appear in a Lazlo Woodbine thriller.

On the question of famous authors on IW I can inform you that I have written several books under the pseudonym of JK Rowling!
Woooooo - how did you know that??? This sort of detailed information would seem to indicate more than just passing familiarity with the arcane aspects of Sproutlore. Therefore, in a quite blatant effort to maintain a high level of speculation, I accuse you Donut of being one member of a cabal/collective that is responsible for the literary outpourings of "Robert Rankin". So far I've identified you, Barry the Sprout and whoever the bloke is that poses for the dustjacket photos as members of this sinister conspiracy.

Come clean, mate, the gigs up [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Oh, and as for the J K Rowling flim-flammery, don't think you can escape the steely jaws of my logic trap by gumming them up with a red herring [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-21-2004, 07:37 AM   #23
The Collective
Manshoon

I agree with the rodent.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #24
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I am confused, who is J K Rowling?
Old 06-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #25
The Collective
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Collective:
I agree with the rodent.
NO I DON'T - I CANNA E'EN UNNERSTAN WHIT E'S TALKIN ABOOT!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 09:32 AM   #26
The Collective
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
I am confused, who is J K Rowling?
Input does not compute - clarity of purpose is essential to the collective conscience. Assimilation considered - risk unacceptable.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:35 AM   #27
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
Hmmm...I think that there is a very good chance of Barry being the Author.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Mouse, I bet Barry is that Author..
Then do you guys wanna make a bet with me? I could use some cash this summer. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2004, 09:43 AM   #28
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I'm afraid I must put to rest the outrageous suspicions of some of the slightly more excitable forum members. I'm not famous, and I'm sadly not Robert Rankin either. I named myself after one of his characters - Barry the Sprout.

However Barry is a hard vegetable to pin down. He's in the Witches of Chiswick, but Rankin didn't get the name from me - I quite definately got it from him. Barry was first introduced to the Rankin canon of weird and wonderful characters in the early nineties in "Armaggedon: The Musical", and he also appeared in its two sequels. In these books he is a time travelling, genetically engineered, Brussel Sprout from the planet Phnaarg, sent to Earth to stop Elvis dying and thus to save the world from its assured destruction by the Antichrist, which only Elvis could prevent.

However since then Barry has also been in several Lazlo Woodbine thrillers, in particular in the classic "Waiting for Godalming". In these he is no longer a real Sprout but instead a Gaurdian Angel, who happens to be a Brussel Sprout. A green gaurdian from Gods garden, as he puts it. Bearing in mind the normal plot of a Rankin novel is it any wonder continuity on stuff like this is pretty much out of the window...

And he's also in the Witches of Chiswick, but then again so is pretty much every popular Rankin character. It's sort of a greatest hits of characters really. Hence why Barry appears in it, and I had the name several years previous.

I must say, this was all slightly concerning... I haven't been on for the last few days and then when I come back the top topic in GD has got my name on it! How bizarre.

[ 06-21-2004, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Barry the Sprout ]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 06-21-2004, 09:53 AM   #29
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

well well, that was nice while it lasted
Old 06-21-2004, 10:27 AM   #30
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Indeed.
Now, let us gess who is Arledrian. His post was somewhat intriguing. He sounded like the one who knew..

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!