Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-01-2001, 11:37 AM   #1
Aurum
Manshoon

Hi!
Fine, is truth that I not think, but after de 3 turns, defeat to 3 dragons, will, I not remember which was more difficult, I think that the red. Help!

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 09-01-2001, 01:36 PM   #2
deathknight
Drow Warrior

If you are trying to ask which dragon was the hardest to kill my vote would go to the black dragon that you kill in the elven city. Most all of the dragon fights are really not that difficult compared to some of the killer spellcasters.
Old 09-01-2001, 10:14 PM   #3
Encard
Quintesson

I'd say the black dragon was actually the easiest. Of the SoA dragons, the red was probably the hardest, although the shadow ragon was somewhat unpleasant with the level drain breath. The black seemed a bit pitiful to me, actually. *shrug*

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-01-2001, 11:29 PM   #4
Lestat
Manshoon

Yuppers, the black one was easy. All it did was cast Plant Growth and attack.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:37 PM   #5
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

*blushes* I found them all terribly hard, and had to resort to cheez tactics like wands of cloudkill and the ever-marvelous wand of wonder...guess I'm not much of a dragon-slayer.

I go through trolls and drow like an acetylene torch through three-month-old chocolate pudding, though....

------------------
Playing the cutest li'l Chaotic characters since 1996.
Old 09-02-2001, 12:36 AM   #6
Lestat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by NiamhFoxling:
*blushes* I found them all terribly hard, and had to resort to cheez tactics like wands of cloudkill and the ever-marvelous wand of wonder...guess I'm not much of a dragon-slayer.

I go through trolls and drow like an acetylene torch through three-month-old chocolate pudding, though....

Everybody goes through Drow like an acetylene torch through three-month-old chocolte pudding

Old 09-02-2001, 12:39 AM   #7
Lestat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurum:
Hi!
Fine, is truth that I not think, but after de 3 turns, defeat to 3 dragons, will, I not remember which was more difficult, I think that the red. Help!

This makes no sense whatsoever...

Which is the hardest dragon?
How to defeat the red dragon in three turns?
It's true that I don't think, but after the three turns, defeated to 3 dragons, well, I don't remember which one was the hardest, I think the red. Help?

Old 09-02-2001, 12:44 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

BwerWahHAHAHAHA!!!!

I killed the Black Dragon in two rounds thanks to my Sorcerer, here's how.

Using either Limited Wish or a Scroll bought from Ribald in the Adventurer Mart, cast Chain Contingency and store 3 Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wiltings in it. Set the conditions to trigger when enemy is sighted and cast to nearest enemy.

I had Odin Magnus, my Sorcerer, Jaheira, Imoen, Anomen, Keldorn and Jan in my party.

Anomen and Keldorn were not involved in the fight other than waving their weapons and taunting the Black Dragon.

Here's what happened... ...

The party, accompanied by 2 Aerial Servants, 2 Mountain Bears and 1 Fire Elemental, walks up to the Black Dragon and start talking smack to him. The Black Dragon of course, gets mad and goes hostile, the battle begins.

Round One:

Odin, Jan and Imoen starts casting Lower Resist, Jaheira casts Insect Plague while Anomen, Keldorn and the summons move in to engage in melee.

Black Dragon casts Entangle and counters with Wing Buffet, Anomen, Keldorn and the summons all get knocked back before they get a chance to hit the Black Dragon.

Odin's Chain Contingency finally triggers, Black Dragon gets really desicated as the 3 ADHW suck the moisture out of it.

Round Two:

Jaheira casts Lightning Storm and *ZAP!*, Black Dragon is defeated.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-02-2001, 01:49 AM   #9
fckoln
Dungeon Master

Lestat, you must remember that not everyone is this forum speaks English only. Aurum is from Mexico, and BTW - props to those that can speak (and type) more then one language.

I'd say I had the hardest time with Frikag (sp), but he was the first dragon and therefore the hardest because of my level. I think the worms in BG2 where a bit watered down. Still fun though.
Old 09-02-2001, 02:03 PM   #10
Aurum
Manshoon

Thanks!

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.