Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2000, 04:05 PM   #1
Aegis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In the old day's i used to run around with a number of Mages they did'nt like eachother but they kicked ass!! Now what combinations of spells are you using??
Old 11-01-2000, 04:25 PM   #2
Rikard

MAGIC MISSLE MAYHAM
and chain lightning
spell sequensers
finger of death
magic missles
bolts of fire
melf acid arrows
melf minute fire thingies (l3 gives you mage 12 fire balls)
migic missles
but i aways forget the defencive spellss

Old 11-01-2000, 04:28 PM   #3
Armisael

Stoneskin, Breach and Time Stop. As much as I distrust magic, these three never fail to impress.

Old 11-01-2000, 05:49 PM   #4
winglesfiend

I love fireballs,masshealing,breach,I always forget to cast al that defensive stuff tough
I never use it.Conjure animals rocks too.It summons 2 mountain(polar)bears they are a great aid in each battle

Old 11-01-2000, 05:53 PM   #5
Armisael

What? No defensive spells? No contingency? Not very smart, for a mage. If we were to tough it out, you wouldn't even see my sword coming.

Old 11-01-2000, 06:52 PM   #6
lord evil

Power word Kill, Imprisonment and time stop

Old 11-02-2000, 01:29 AM   #7
Rikard

I've got 65 hp on l 12 so you kill can't me with one swing (maybe a level 22 assasin can backstab me to my death)
so you will have to deal; with my undead hunter and my very weak archer (maybe i did something wrong i mean 7 damage for an archer god my avenger is stronger then that)

BTW can you put an undeadhunter and a necromancer in the same party from rollplaying point of view

Old 11-02-2000, 06:37 AM   #8
IRAKZAI

My personal favourite was a contingency spell that consists of the following in order "Teleport Without Error" to the nearest massage palour, "Dispel magic" to take care of all those nasty defensive spells, "Chain Lightning" just to wake everyone up, "Cloudkill" just to take their minds off the "Chain Lighting" and a "Delayed Blast Fireball" timed to go off just as everyone that has survived is thinking thank F#@k that is over with.

Its no wonder I could never get anyone to go adventuring with me.

Irakzai the Dark

Old 11-02-2000, 06:56 AM   #9
BaatoRyan

Melf's minute meteors rock!!! aerie likes become a blast machine! nalia casts cloudkill, aerie can, but i just use cloudkill on nalia!!!

the spells at least you should reserve are the ff:
magic missiles, fireball, cloudkill, melfs minute meteors, summon spells, and globe of invulnerability.

Defensive spells suck coz my party is way below in armor class. my mages are AC -3 and -4...

Old 11-02-2000, 10:01 AM   #10
lordkymil

Against magic Using opponents:
Time Stop, Spellstrike, AbiDalzim's Horrid Wilting
I would add Spelltrap but I already have the Cloak of Mirrors

Against non magic using opponents
AbiDalzims Horrid Wilting, Chain Lightning, Prismatic Spray

And always use Sequencers and Contingency spells