Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-24-2002, 01:30 AM   #1
Agrippina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER
I'm stuck wondering around Dragon's Eye levels 1-3. I can't seem to get past level 3. There is this drawbridge thing on level 3 that I can't figure out how to get past. I have a book I found on lvl 3, it is the dwarven book about "suspension bridges". I thought I might be able to activate the drawbridge after that, but, alas, nada. Anyway, how the hell do I get past these levels? There is this trap on the entrance to level 3 on lvl 2 that I can not get rid of. There a couple of people that I spoke to after I freed them from the jail on lvl 1 and I told them to go find "nathaniel" on lvl2. None of them have ever showed up. I have heard that you do not want to spend so long in Dragon's Eye because it affects how long you will be in lvl 4 (some kinda maze). Anyway, I've been in lvl1 -lvl3 for about 14 game days. I could be screwed. That would be bad. OH, and what the heck do I do with that potion area in lvl2? I know that there is some lever below the snake pyramid thing that I am supposed to pull (there is also an identical lever above the snake pyramid), unfortunately, the guy that is supposed to fix it has never returned. Therefore, the levers do not work and I can not create the potions.
Also, What is the deal with natheniel? Do I have to attack him because I am a good party and he is "leaning evil"? And, if anyone knows, what is the deal with the boulder on lvl2 (the far right hand side of the lvl) that comes down and runs over your characters ala Indiana Jones style.

Your help is appreciated.

[ 11-24-2002, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Agrippina ]
Agrippina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:06 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

First of all, this is not the real Nataniel. Kill him.

To lower the drawbridge, you need to first help the alchemist that is in the prison. He will then later give you a potion that will allow you to go in the warded room on the 3rd floor. The switch to lower the drawbridge is in there.

The levers on the second floor won't get fixed before you talk to the alchemist and complete his first task.

[ 11-24-2002, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 11-24-2002, 02:51 AM   #3
Agrippina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Luvian,
Unfortunately, I don't think it helps. It might be too late for me. I might have to go back to my kuldahar save in order to play this map again. I killed Nathaniel like you suggested, but when I returned to the prison, the only guy there was a man in the corner. He was the guy looking for his friend that wanted to go thru the "transformation". Anyway, i tried all dialog options with characters with high intelligence and charisma, and didn't get any potion. I know the prison is divided into 3 sections, with the right hand section for the "intelligent" people. I told all of those people to go find nathaniel. He must have slaughtered them. Needless to say, I think I might be utterly stuck. Starting over to Kuldahar doesn't sound that great to me, but at least it was after I finished the town and I don't have to back thru the yaun-ti temple again. If you got other suggestions, I'd be happy to try them.
Agrippina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 03:07 AM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The other people are not important. The guy in the prison is the alchemist.

What you now need to do is find his friend. On the same level, was an "hallway" where when you went in, a big rock rolled after you. Is body is at the end. Go there now and you can talk to his ghost. He will ask for his sword.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:00 AM   #5
Dturner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have my own problem on level 3. There is a door beyond the room where you find the sword needed for the alchemist quest. This door says there is no obvious way to open it and it can't be picked or "knocked". There is probably som painfully simple way to get this door open but it is eluding me. Any suggestions?
Dturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:08 PM   #6
Magness
Quintesson

If it's the door that just a bit down from the exit to level 2, then it requires 4 wyvern potions to unlock.

After you get the wyvern potions, you have to pour 1 potion into each of 4 pools that are spread around the level 3 map. After this is done, the door opens.

You make the wyvern potions thusly:

1. On the 1st level there are a bunch of wyverns that you must have killed. Pick up the wyvern claws.

2. On the 2nd level there is an alchemy lab. You need to put the wyvern claws onto the proper table, then have your character go out to the little pyramid and pull the lower level (below the pyramid). After a short time, the wyvern claws should be replaced with potions.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote