Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-29-2004, 09:51 PM   #1
Aerich
Lord Ao

Ok, here goes.

PM me the answers, it'll stay open until late Friday night next week (Nov 5).

I've restricted it to TEN questions answerable by anyone who has completed IWD up to (not including) Dragon's Eye. Everyone currently posting, with maybe an exception or two, should be able to anwer these. It should also be answerable by anyone who does not have HoW or TotL.

Answer the questions on the presumption that you have a beginner party (e.g. one that doesn't have any imported characters). Also answer on the presumption that you don't have to kill anyone(thing) or complete a quest unless specifically mentioned.

Points will generally be awarded for each correct answer within a question, with the occasional discretionary point or two to reward those who get it exactly right. So if a question is worth 5 points, don't automatically assume there are 5 answers. There are 25 points to be had, and a bonus question worth two points.

1) There are two villagers in Easthaven that will give you a gem during a non-quest-related dialogue. Name the class or race you must be to get each of these gems. (2 points)

2) What is in the chest in Hrothgar's room? (1 point)

3) Where is the only high-quality weapon you can find within the bounds of Easthaven (e.g. not loot off of a goblin)? What is it? (2 points)

4) What normal weapons (e.g. not high quality) can you get in Easthaven? Where are they? (6 points) Edit: Hint - a quest may factor into acquiring one of these.

5) There is an orc near the looted wagons (before the orc cave) that always tries to disappear into the cave. Can you kill it before it disappears? How? (3 points)

6) What is the only fruit mentioned in dialogue in Kuldahar Pass? Who are you talking to about it? (1 points)

7) How many healing potions can you find outside (not in the Mill, not as loot from a body) in Kuldahar Pass? (2 points)

8) List the named NPCs in the Vale of Shadows in the order you MUST first encounter them. (5 points)

9) What spell is the second 3rd level mage scroll you can find? Where do you find it? (2 points)

10) Give the name of the only named verbeeg NPC in the Temple of the Forgotten God. (1 point)

BONUS QUESTION: what does the acronym AIDBG stand for? (two points)

Good luck!

[ 10-29-2004, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 11-01-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

*bump*

Anybody interested in this? Dragonshadow is looking good for the winner's circle so far, since she's the only one who has put in an answer so far.

I've gotta check two questions to make sure I have the right answers - #4 and #9.

Please note that none of these answers require you to kill anyone (e.g. to find out what they have on them) or to complete a quest unless otherwise specified.

Edit: to satisfy Dragonshadow's request that we recognize her gender by using the appropriate pronoun. My bad.

[ 11-02-2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 11-02-2004, 09:40 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I'm taking part... will send you answers before Friday...

As for questions 4 and 9 I understand that those weapons/scrolls which you can buy are not included? but only those which are found in containers or are taken as loot from enemies?
Old 11-02-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

Welcome, Otto [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

PM stands for "Private Message." There's a little toolbar at the top of every message that has options (edit/delete, profile, quote, etc). You do not have the PM option activated (which you can change in your profile).

Please copy your above post into a PM and send it to me, then delete your above post. You've got good answers, and I want people to come up with the answers by themselves. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
*bump*

Dragonshadow is looking good for the winner's circle so far, since he's the only one who had put in an answer so far.

once again, I must beg: Please, please remeber: I am, in fact female. It's amazing how many times people have got it wrong.

Welcome to the forums Otto.

[ 11-02-2004, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:13 PM   #6
Aerich
Lord Ao

Sorry about that Dragonshadow, I forgot. I've changed the offending post appropriately.

One more note/hint/clarification on the quiz:

On question 4, there are three normal weapons you may get in Easthaven without picking pockets or killing anyone. I define "normal weapon" as one that has NO bonuses at all to Thac0 or damage. Thus, Apsel's dagger is not included. Of the three normal weapons I'm referring to, only one of them is in relation to a quest, and it's not the scrimshander's quest.

I've got two responses so far, one PM from Dragonshadow and one posted in this thread by Otto (hopefully soon to become a PM). It's still wide open, because neither of them has all the answers right.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:04 AM   #7
Aerich
Lord Ao

Oops, sorry ZFR, after all that I didn't answer your question.

You are correct, I'm not counting anything that you buy - only those scrolls, weapons, objects, etc., that you can pick out of containers, off the ground (loot from dead enemies included), or convince someone to give you without violence (hint).

And Otto - no, spelling does not count. As long as I know to whom and to what you are referring, that's A-ok.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:39 AM   #8
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Thankyou for that. I've got used to it by now.

*bump* because this quiz is fun and people should take it.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #9
Aerich
Lord Ao

Hi Otto,

Thanks for editing out the answers you gave - please be assured that I want you to take part in this quiz; you can send your answers by private message and I hope you do so. I'd prefer to hold (any discussions like this) essentially direct communication privately - if you go into "my profile" and "change profile" you can enable the private messenger feature.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:27 PM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Sending you the answers right now Aerich...