Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
Marathon
Elminster

Hey guys - I'm having another problem. I am at the Toad Village, trying to get to the Toadem to rid it of evil. I spent the better part of an hour looking all over for where to find this toadem before consulting a walkthrough, and it said that a trapdoor would open up right behind you in the Shaman's room. I went back, and the door is there, but if you click on it you get a message that says "Shaman door not working". The walkthrough said you had to accept his quest to help before it would open, but I was never given that option no matter how long I tried talking to the Shaman. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Did you say "Ukabu" to Shinwiki? That triggers the series of conversations that lead to him opening the door.

If you didn't, or if something else has gone wrong, then you're probably stuck (unless you can vanish to the other side somewhere... haven't tried that yet [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Fortunately, there's nothing critical to the game on the other side of the door (although the *special bonus* from touching the toadem is nice, it's not *all* that valuable).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Did you talk to the toad running around the east side of Nymph lake? (Forget the name: starts with an 'M"; he's the one you give the potion to for the first Temple quest).

He tells you who to talk to and what to say to trigger the quest: you need a specific key word.

Note: it's a fairly tough fight, so be sure to save after you go through the tunnel before you go into the woods on the shore. If you discover your party can't handle it, just reload the save and wait until you're stronger before trying again.

As Bungleau said: there's nothing critical to the game about that quest, but it is nice to do.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:52 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

So far as I remember - if Shinwiki is dead you can always open the trapdoor yourself. Make sure that you are not standing on top of it yourself - and that no other is. I do not think Scabban's Evil will spawn if Shinwiki is dead.

- The name of the running toad is Mekdawa.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
Marathon
Elminster

I did talk to Mekdawa earlier and gave him some potion for a cleric quest. However, I don't think I said Ukabu to the Shaman as it wasn't an option. I'll have to go back and give that a try...
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Talk to Mekdawa first, so he says Ukabu. Then talk to Shinwiki and you should be able to say it to him, and get the whole thing going.

*edit* I meant to say that you should say Ukabu to Mekdawa. That should kick it off.

[ 04-11-2005, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:35 AM   #7
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Talk to Mekdawa again, and go through all the dialogue options. It's a nuisance, since he runs like crazy once you give him a potion, but it can be done. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then follow his instructions about who to talk to and what to say at the Toad village. (Check your journal in case you already have the info and just missed it while running around after him.)
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:46 PM   #8
bsftcs
Red Dragon

But if you had not received information about the word "Ukabu" from Mekdawa you would not have known what to say to the guard Ekbu. And if you have not said "Ukabu" to him you would have had to kill all the toads to get to the Shaman door.

Unless of course you knew from a walkthrough what you had to say...

Have you fought any toads in the village?
Old 04-12-2005, 03:42 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

The walkthrough will not help here. If you haven't spoken with Medakwa and if you try to tell Ekbu 'Ukabu' from a walkthrough then Ekbu will know that you are cheating and that you are no Ukabu [img]smile.gif[/img]

In the other words, Medakwa sets some flag for Ekbu. The password itself isn't enough.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:28 AM   #10
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
In the other words, Medakwa sets some flag for Ekbu. The password itself isn't enough.
Yeah, there's a handful of key words (Elseramavin comes to mind) like that; just knowing the word isn't enough -- it has to have been spoken to you, so as to appear in your dialog selection list.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote