Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
bladesinger7x
Welcomed New User

I read through the tech tips, however, I could not find a solution for my problem.
When the resolution is set to 3D acceleration 800x600 or 1025x768 the icons and
text is all blurry and unclear - 640x480 does not seem to share this problem however.

Besides when sed in 3D acceleration the game often crashes to desktop, and the
only thing I can do is to terminate the game in Task Manager. This usually happenes when I try to load the game. When set to software drivers the crashes
do not appear??

As I said, I read through tech tips, but could not find a solution. This is a great game, but such things are very annoying and i'm close to uninstalling the
game if I can not find the fix for this
bladesinger7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Make sure you've done the full list of adjustments for XP, including virtual memory, Win98 compatibility, latest video and sound drivers, defrag, codec selection, and killing all non-essential processes. That's the first step.

After that, make sure you've done a full install.

That gets you to square one [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let me also point out that the graphics don't scale well -- they won't go to much beyond 800x600. They weren't built as dynamic fonts, but fixed fonts.

Unfortunately, 3D acceleration can cause grief when running the game, and sometimes you have to run in just software mode. It's a bummer, but that's the way it is. No one is putting any more patches together for it, so it won't be updated until someone comes out with a new edition of the game... and unfortunately, don't hold your breath.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote