Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-16-2005, 12:20 PM   #1
pr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mad

hey,plz help me. i got the game wizards & warriors from my cousin last week. i am having difficulty getting inside the crypt. i have taken the rat-pie and clicked on the graveyard statue. but inside the crypt the second door is not opening. i heared a lever must be opened but cant find it. if u could help me.. plz..
pr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Oh yes - a classic. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It is right in the middle of the wall on the left when you enter the crypt at the bottom of the stairs.

It is grey and somewhat hard to spot, but just go over the left wall, and you will spot it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 11:45 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, pr! May your frustration in the Gael Serran end with this lever...

Bsftcs has given you the right answer, and don't feel bad -- that lever has foiled many, many people when they started. One of the things you can do is to look at the wall and move your cursor over it. It will change color when it passes over the lever. This works everywhere else, and is really handy when trying to pick up loot after a battle [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I, personally, was ready to erase the game from my hard disk after a month or so trying to get into the crypt. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then I decided to try one last time before taking that drastic measure, and there I found it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That was, of course, before I then decided to join this excellent forum.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, pr!!!

That second door in the crypt has stumped so many players!!

You might want to adjust the gamma on your monitor so that things are not quite so dark. That should make it easier to spot levers and the like that are hidden in the darkness.

Keep us posted on how your game is going!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:22 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

All dungeons in W&W are entered this way, pr. Always search a lever somewhere around near the entrance to the dungeon. Click it and the game will start to load the dungeon.
Also, the loading does not start completely immediately. You click the lever and you will be able to move as if there were something wrong. No, it isn't! Wait a moment and you get "frozen" and the message about loading the dungeon will pop up.

At any rate, set gamma in your video options to a considerable higher value than is the default, as Wyvern has said. The default makes the game too dark.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

That's awesome -- the reason I found the W&W boards, in November 2000 (yay for the blue days!) was because I couldn't find that silly lever!
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:44 AM   #8
pr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

wow thanks anyway. what to do with scabban??
pr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:29 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

Scabban is in the Asylum in the Crypt. The first quest of the Mages Guild in Valeia wants you to speak with him. In fact, you need not speak with him and kill him instead

There are certain problems with the Scabban quest. You'd better get the quest first by all your members of the Mages Guild of your party and then go to Asylum and speak (or "speak") with Scabban. This works. If you reach Scabban first and then you get the quest and return to Scabban then the questgiver need not detect that you have finished the quest and you have to repeat it.