Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-24-2001, 03:45 AM   #131
Lord Shield

hmm - maybe the nobles were put off by the 'one fight' limit, eh?
ok. Refresher for new people to the bar:
1) Nobody can die in the bar. Everyone regenerates from damages taken on the premises
2) Enchantments are cancelled at the doorway (Charms/Dominates, etc) to stop people dragging others outside
3) Anybody trying to physically drag someone out will be fed to Tiddles
4) On the staff we have:
Sil (Sirine leader from BG1) - serving
Gamora (Serpentine Tiefling) - serving
Jaheira (part of the bar is practically a garden - she tends this and keeps the small fountain clean
Melusine (cross between entertainment and Bouncer - if enemy has pants to wedgie)
AzureWolf - Bouncer(checks weapons at the door)
The Cook - The Troll from Windspear Hills
5) Lord Shield is the barkeep. Although all-powerful I usually wait till the last minute (or a joke's gone on long enough) before intervening. After all, this thread is for YOU guys to enjoy yourselves too.
6) There is to be NO innuendo (in any language, Link) or foul language in this bar, same as any other thread - minors read this too you know
7) LS has a cheaper, but just as tasty, brand of Evermeet Ale called Forever Beer. Kivan like it because he can get nearly 4 tankards for the price of one Evermeet Ale
8) Please don't play the bartender/servants - they are effectively my characters (I don't want to sound possessive - but some people have funny ideas as to how the characters behave) - thanks
Sil delivers the Evermeets to Angel's table, mentioning the option of Forever Beer to them if they prefer.
Bartender nudges Caleb "Stop trying to sneak under the Spigot again - you'll set off the Glyphs I put there"

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 05-24-2001).]

Old 05-24-2001, 04:29 AM   #132
BladeMaster

"Sorry Azure We did not realize you we here." Angel says to Azure "I only made a quick glance around the bar when I came in and as you can see I have no weapons on me that is why none were checked in with you. My weapons are hidden in a small dimensional pocket created by Elminster for me. Not to worry barkeep your wards prevent me from opening it in the bar."

------------------

Old 05-24-2001, 05:11 AM   #133
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

A voice from under the bar table speaks again "Shes lying barkeep kick her out she wants to hurt me...err......by me I mean the bar cause im alive of course...but you know that...(whispers to barkeep) I will dance on the head of a pin for your amusement if you play along"

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 05:52 AM   #134
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

is this a bar/inn?

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-24-2001, 05:58 AM   #135
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OCC

Yea there are rooms upstairs.

------------------
Old 05-24-2001, 06:09 AM   #136
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Ok

Walnut the big nosed dwarvern cleric strolls back into his favourite bar and says,

"Top of the day to ya lord, mind if a take a room upstrairs? Sure? Alright ima going now. These damn demons are makin me a tired"

Walnut trudges up the stairs to a room prepared for him.
"Oh and send up a takard of ale in a while thanx"

Walnut flicks a few coins at the bar and the bartender tucks them into his pouch.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-24-2001, 07:11 AM   #137
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Kivan wakes up and yawns, he puts on his Bracers of AC 4 and his Jansen Adventurewear and walks down into the bar.

He then orders 4 tankards of Forever Ale and some food.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:45 AM   #138
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackAssassin:
Ok

"Top of the day to ya lord, mind if a take a room upstrairs? Sure? Alright ima going now. These damn demons are makin me a tired"

There are no demons now. We're back in Athkatla.
Caleb, why don't you get Angel a drink and make up? I'm sure she's be up for that

------------------

Old 05-24-2001, 07:58 AM   #139
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"NO PLAY ALONG LOOK IM DANCING ON A PIN FOR Y....WHOOOOOA CRAP!" caleb slips and lands with a thud on the floor.

------------------
Old 05-24-2001, 08:21 AM   #140
Lord Shield

Lord Shield shuffles under the counter and pulls out a HUGE pin which he plants on the floor. "Practice on that first" - Hey! Yoshimo has just walked in. He can help you practice!!

------------------