Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2000, 05:09 AM   #1
carey

So I've paced myself through the entire game, and there is absolutely nothing left but to defeat Irenicus in Hell.

I went the good path for the five tears of Baal, and now I need a little bit of help. Any strategy would be greatly appreciated. I read somewhere that he regenerates three hit points per second.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-29-2000, 05:19 AM   #2
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

better kill the deomons first ... they are the hard ones... to kill irenicous...what i did was to let my summon monsters to take the brunt of the attack while i arh away with arrows and spells... fighters helped too...GL
Old 11-29-2000, 07:13 AM   #3
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

It's simple. Attack and kill all the demons first. Throw everything you can at them. leave Irenicus for the moment. He spends all his time bringing up his own protective spells anyway. Once you kill all the demons Irenicus teleports to the other side of the room. He can't see you and you can't see him because of the fog of war. Now is your chance to heal yourselves, replenish defensive spells etc. Now wait. Irenicus' protective spells will soon wear off. Then attack him when he's defenceless. Piece of cake. Keep hitting him with missile weapons to disrupt his spell casting.
Old 11-29-2000, 06:58 PM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

The first time thru I had the following characters on hand for the final battle:

myself (undead hunter)
Minsc
Valygar
Jahiera
Nalia
Imoen

I summoned 2 fire elementals, a woodland-being, and a couple more monsters. Furthermore, I had Nalia clone herself. This proved VERY useful.

It should go without saying that I cast every defensive spell and sucked down every useful potion possible. My party was ready to give Irenicus a SERIOUS beating for all of the hell that he had put us thru!!!

I had all of my non-mages and summoned monsters attack Irenicus' demons. My undead hunter focused on Irenicus himself, just to keep his attention. The 3 mages generally focused on breeching Irenicus' defenses with only a few shots at the demons to support the fighters. Three mages casting breeching spells is simply too much Irenicus. They were knocking his defenses down faster than he could raise them. Of course, having my Undead Hunter whacking J.I. with the Holy Avenger didn't hurt either.

All things considered, I did not find this to be the toughest battle in BG2. But it was certainly satisfying to see Irenicus get his just deserts!!!
Old 11-30-2000, 03:10 PM   #5
Jerome2k

I retreated a bit to the east, leading the demons away, apon killing them (not really difficult) i casted all the protection removal spells i had , breach etc... then launched minsc, me (calvalier) and Anomen at Irenicus....after a couple of minutes we killed him... bit of an aanticlimax in my opinion