Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 07:49 AM   #11
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I would join in happily. Unfortunately I am often absent from the boards for days at a time. Hence I can not join into 250's thread nor can I start my own.
A walk-in and walk-out bar might be nice. I used to go to WotC's site and RP in their bar "the Crossroads Tavern". But there were always Vampires, Drow, Godlings and Shape Changed Dragons mucking up the works. Sometimes you could mix all those into one character. I did have some fun though, usually with some of the other serious RP'ers who had simply recreated one of their favorite D&D characters.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:04 AM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
I haven't been here as long as some, so it HAS changed from when I first visited it. Anyways, I meant no harm by my post, so don't take it to heart. I was just enjoying the atmosphere and I know that some of the other bars in here don't allow role play. As for leaving for another forum, no thanks. I am quite happy here at IW. It has become my second home. Thank you for your advice, though.
First of all, I wasn't suggesting you LEAVE this forum for another one... I have no idea why you should read that into my post. I was just trying to be helpful by pointing you towards some forums that have much more roleplaying games going on. Becomeing a member of one forum doesn't mean you have to leave the other. I myself have been a member of IW for a while, but am also a member at several other forums (like many others here) - they're not mutually exclusive.
Also, I didn't say the BG2 hadn't changed, I said it HAD; it changed after the first couple of threads (before you joined), then it more or less changed BACk again.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 11:36 PM   #13
Bullvye
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Would anyone on GD be interested in helping to start an RP bar? Not a chit chat bar, but one where we actually go on quests. The only one I could find has now turned into something different.

I'm new at this so I would need some help, but I welcome everyone to come forward with their ideas.

Hey, sounds like a blast! Its been years since I've played, many years. I still indulge myself in the occasional fantasy novel, when I have the time, but Baldurs Gate(the game) and a few others have been my only link to the RP world, since I was a kid.
I would love to engage in some real time role playing online. Give me the details, if you don't mind! Or pint me in the right direction.

------------------

I'm not BAD,.....but the BAD don't mess with me!"
Old 10-25-2001, 11:43 PM   #14
Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
First of all, I wasn't suggesting you LEAVE this forum for another one... I have no idea why you should read that into my post. I was just trying to be helpful by pointing you towards some forums that have much more roleplaying games going on. Becomeing a member of one forum doesn't mean you have to leave the other. I myself have been a member of IW for a while, but am also a member at several other forums (like many others here) - they're not mutually exclusive.
Also, I didn't say the BG2 hadn't changed, I said it HAD; it changed after the first couple of threads (before you joined), then it more or less changed BACk again.

Because Mel, your really an EVIL FORUM TYRANT JUST LIKE ME MWAA HAA HAAA

[This message has been edited by Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-26-2001, 12:49 AM   #15
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

I'm sorry, I understood you to say that the RP bar I was in had changed. My bad! Anyway, I thanked you for your advice on the other sites, did I not? I swear Mel, sometimes you are so defensive and I don't know why. Anyway, let's go on our own seperate ways and be friends when our paths cross. K?

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-26-2001, 12:52 AM   #16
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Bullvye, how are you? Come join us under 250's Sunniville bar. (SP)

Anyway, it seems quite promising! I'll be watching for you!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)