Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-06-2001, 06:18 AM   #31
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Café au lit is nice ! I want that now ! Alas, the only day in the year I get breakfast in bed is my birthday ...

I wonder how male waitresses took your mother's order, though ... I am sure she had a lot of fun in her journey in France ! (Sorry ...)

Not too seriously, you haven't seen my mother

I think most were more upset that she didn't get her French right.

Just remembered my one French joke,

Why do the French only have one egg for Breakfast?
Because un oeuf is enough! (sorry)

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-06-2001, 06:21 AM   #32
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Not too seriously, you haven't seen my mother

I think most were more upset that she didn't get her French right.

Just remembered my one French joke,

Why do the French only have one egg for Breakfast?
Because un oeuf is enough! (sorry)
WOW ! A bilingual joke !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-06-2001, 06:22 AM   #33
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Quote:
Ok I posted on your other thread, although I can't comment on stats as I have played 3rd ed yet, and its been 2 years since 2nd ed.

Well I could photograph them normally, but developing the photos would cost a bomb, and there's no guarantee they would come out particularly well. Perhaps I can borrow my Father's camera, it's an expensive SLR type, and he's got all the lens attachments.

Well I´m quite good at fixing up images and scannning them. I could help out if you need/want to. Thanks for the input on the other thread. It´s too bad one only have Salvatores Drizzt books as reference to Drows..

Anyone knew of other sources???

Well some years ago (like 7-8) Dragon Magazine ran a load of articles about the underdark, but unless you can search an index of back issues thats useless info.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-06-2001, 06:24 AM   #34
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
WOW ! A bilingual joke !

I posted a load of English / German ones on another thread for Ramon, but those I took form an email I got, that one was from my French teacher. Did you see my (pitiful) attempt at practising my French on the last page?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-06-2001, 06:25 AM   #35
dafan

hi again... we are shoting a movie and it really sux but it's really fun anyway lossy actors hehe...so I got a little time over for you guys again

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-06-2001, 06:27 AM   #36
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by dafan:
hi again... we are shoting a movie and it really sux but it's really fun anyway lossy actors hehe...so I got a little time over for you guys again

You're making a Swedish movie? ...umm what does that make me think of?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-06-2001, 06:28 AM   #37
Donut
Jack Burton

Hi Moiraine . I thought you might like this. It has been translated from French into English by the Google search engine - obviously they haven't quite got it right.

Stanislas Leszczynski
Nancy owes most of its architectural heritage to Stanislas Leszczynski, king détrôné of Poland. It is into 1725 that Louis XV fact of requiring in marriage Marie Leszczynska, girl of Stanislas.
The French diplomacy, of which the goal was to recover Lorraine and Barrois within the kingdom, imagined to place Stanislas at the head of Lorraine, thus réattribuant a kingdom to him.
Stanislas arrived at Lunéville on April 3, 1737, and took possession of the castle built by Léopold.
It is there that it began its work from embellissement and construction with, in particular, the gardens of the castle of Lunéville in which it made build many parts of water decorated of water jets and other automats animated by the hydraulic power, of which there remain unfortunately nothing.
He also made make and remake many constructions in the surroundings of Lunéville (the Menagerie of Jolivet, "the show " of Chanteheux [ there remains a tower ], the small castle of Einville...).

Then it was interested in Nancy, D building the old woman church Our-Lady of Bonsecours in order to fix its burial at it, like that of its wife, Catherine Opalinska.
Little by little, Stanislas wished to create in Nancy a monumental architectural whole around a statue of Louis XV. This unit should be used to tie France and Lorraine.

------------------
Old 04-06-2001, 06:32 AM   #38
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
I posted a load of English / German ones on another thread for Ramon, but those I took form an email I got, that one was from my French teacher. Did you see my (pitiful) attempt at practising my French on the last page?
Just saw it !

Quote:
Salut Moiraine,

Ca va?

Qu'est le batiment dans votre photo, c'est plus celebre n'est pas?
Donc ... Bonjour Sire Tainly, ça va, et vous ?
Le bâtiment de la photo est la Place Stanislas, la plus belle place de Nancy (Nancy est la ville où je suis née et où j'ai passé mon enfance).

Did you catch that ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-06-2001, 06:34 AM   #39
dafan

Quote:
You're making a Swedish movie? ...umm what does that make me think of?

No idea..maybe hmm sweish... but it's in english...

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-06-2001, 06:37 AM   #40
dafan

if you could hear the accents you would have as fun as I've they really sound..hmm diffrent heheh

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light