Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 09:45 PM   #1
Zorak

Ok, dont get me wrong, its my favorite game, but i do think that some things could have been a bit better. here are my thoughts, share urs.

1)A wider selection of NPCs, especally evil characters
2)You should be able to join up with Jon if you wished
3)A larger Map and more locations

Otherwise the game is great
Old 06-05-2003, 03:40 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Zorak:
Ok, dont get me wrong, its my favorite game, but i do think that some things could have been a bit better. here are my thoughts, share urs.

1)A wider selection of NPCs, especally evil characters
2)You should be able to join up with Jon if you wished
3)A larger Map and more locations

Otherwise the game is great
The Mod Heaven
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:34 AM   #3
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I agree about the fact there should be more evil NPC's. Also more evil dialog and quest options would be nice. This game really does shaft you for being evil although if your creative being evil can be fun for example SoS "I'm a naughty Boy" and "I'm still a naughty boy" threads. An evil thief would be nice as well they should have brought back Montaren as an NPC IMO ,he was one of my favorites from BG1.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
Dobian
Dungeon Master

I miss the sense of exploration from BG1, where you had all these map locations to visit. It was fun to 'clear out' an area and discover what was there. It also took a long time to get from one end of the map to the other (a feature I also like about Arcanum), so your party would have to stop and rest, and it made the world seem bigger. It also allowed you to go out hunting whenever you felt like racking up more experience. In BG2, everything is so story-driven, I'm worried I'll run out of things to do before my characters have leveled up enough (especially Imoen, since she's way behind the others).
Dobian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:14 PM   #5
Zorak

with the evil NPCs they really need more evil warriors, b cause korgan is the only type of warrior, and most of my weapons are warrior type.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:18 PM   #6
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

i agree with Dobian. in bg1 i did everysingle area and got cool stuff. i also raked in 120,000 gold which i thot was quite impressive for bg1!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 02:33 PM   #7
spydar

keeping with the evil talk here, I've always thought that it would make more sense if taking an evil road made things a little easier ya know? be given more incentive to do evil things or different rewards and stuff, cause then it'd make being good that much harder to work for, which I think would fit into the whole storyline easily. or atleast equal good and evil opportunities cause as it is it's so much harder to try and play a full evil game.

I've also always thought it'd be really funny if in the dialogues you had the choice of the super sarcastic bitch answer. would be fun!
Old 06-05-2003, 03:42 PM   #8
Dobian
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
keeping with the evil talk here, I've always thought that it would make more sense if taking an evil road made things a little easier ya know? be given more incentive to do evil things or different rewards and stuff, cause then it'd make being good that much harder to work for, which I think would fit into the whole storyline easily. or atleast equal good and evil opportunities cause as it is it's so much harder to try and play a full evil game.
A lot of RPGs tend to stear you toward being good, by penalizing you for being bad. That's why I don't like the way reputation gets used in these kind of games. The higher your reputation, the cheaper it is to buy things, the more people will want to talk to you, etc. They should have it work the other way, too. Like if you have a bad rep, you will get a better deal from a fence than someone with a good rep. And if you have a bad rep, you'll get quests and items from bad people that a good person couldn't get.
Dobian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 09:46 PM   #9
Zorak

Being evil defently has its ups and downs, such as

Y 2 b evil:
-Killing is fun
-The Slayer Ability is always the cool way to go, lol
-Evil Characters are so fun to hear insulting good characters
-More battles come ur way
-U never need to donate to temples(wahoo)
-Evil Character=cool portrait
-evil only weapons

Y not 2 b evil:
-basically every good hates u
-3/4 ppl in the game r good,lol
-not as many quests
-even if ur evil, bodhi and irenicus STILL wont join u!
-good only weapons

[ 06-05-2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Zorak ]
Old 06-06-2003, 02:05 AM   #10
Boutte
The Magister

A high level thief would be nice. Make Aerie shut up! Why can't you remain hidden in shadows when you transition from one area to another or walk through an open door? Would the ability to save during combat take away from the game.
I guess running hadn't been invented yet.