Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-04-2004, 06:20 PM   #11
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would look first at your insulation, reducing your heating and cooling costs both.I would also think taking care of your chimney leak to be very important, you could be poisoning yourself and it might start a fire.About 10 or 12 years ago we replaced the furnace in my dad's old house with one that can heat with oil,gas,electric,coal,or even wood so mabe some sort of hybrid like this might serve you best.I'm pretty sure most states have some sort of energystar program where a state certified person can run a number of tests to to see where you're lacking and be able to make suggestions for improvments based on your house,location, and economic abilities.Including any programs that reduce your tax burden for makeing more energy efficent changes in you home.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 08-04-2004, 06:20 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I can understand why you'd want to get another type of heating system in your house Larry. The house I lived in 5 years ago had oil heat. I had never lived anywhere with oil heat before. I did not like it LOL. The price for the oil was pretty high, and I can't imagine what it must be now. When they came and filled it up, it stunk the entire house up for 20 minutes of oil. It started to squeak while it was running, bah. Oh, did you hear on the news this past winter about some poor guy who had his basement room flooded with oil cause the guy didn't hook the hose up correctly? I think it actually happened to two different people last year. Imagine that mess!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-04-2004, 06:51 PM   #13
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

No 1 insulate!! Than if gas is available in your area by all means have it installed.It seems you have a raised foundation so getting the pipes under the house would be no problem if you don't have gas available then I think propane would be a second choice.And have you thought about solar?Probably as a backup only,but check with a local heating and airconditioning contractor in your area.They would know what is available and what would be the best in your area..
Old 08-04-2004, 08:34 PM   #14
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I am assuming that a heat pump is sorta like central heat and air....if so, that is your best option, the propane is not only just as expensive, it is also just as dangerous. it produces alot of carbon dioxide, which is not good, for there is no smeel to it at all, and it affects small children first also you can seal the windows to help hold in heat, but if you do this, always make sure there is a vent hole to prevent build up of the carbon dioxide. good luck what ever you chose to do.