Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-15-2001, 08:53 PM   #31
Scott
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for the welcomes, but I'm not actually a new member. I used to go under Penguin Boy, then Eladamri. I've had three welcomes now, but they still are a lot of fun. I don't know if anyone recognizes my old names (I'm pretty quiet and don't post much), but thanks for the greetings. (Again)
Old 09-15-2001, 08:55 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Thank you for the welcomes, but I'm not actually a new member. I used to go under Penguin Boy, then Eladamri. I've had three welcomes now, but they still are a lot of fun. I don't know if anyone recognizes my old names (I'm pretty quiet and don't post much), but thanks for the greetings. (Again)
I recognize Penguin Boy.. uh how come you keep changing identities!? LOL
btw.. I didn't re-welcome you today.. *giggle*

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-15-2001, 09:53 PM   #33
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree Sis, as again, there ARE good legit churches out there, if you make an effort to find them. I try not to look at the Fakes on TV, as they are really a small minority in comparison to legitimate churches.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 09:55 PM   #34
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
I remember you Penguin Boy!

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 10:00 PM   #35
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
And avoiding the Christian church because a few fantatics make it all look bad is not my way. So I learn, I try to understand what it is I believe and how the extremists differ. I then attempt to stay clear of the extremists and follow my path, go to church and do what I'm supposed to do. Not easy, not by a longshot. There will always be people we don't like or whose view we clash with in any organization. The trick is to navigate around them. Or see them docked.

Cloudy

Well, aren't you just noble!

(not lurking, i was uploading an MP3 to Mouse while I ate dinner and was curious to see what other comments were being made in this thread since I was here to find his e-mail address)

It may be all well and fine for some people to expose themselves to hypocrisy within the walls of a church but some people (like myself), prefer to take a more honest approach to our christianity, our lives, and with what we do and surround ourselves with.
It is this approach to life that makes it so hard to find a truly good place of worship and it has plenty of people, true christian people, convinced that to do what they can when and where they can as opposed to making that public appearance every Sunday is well worth not attaching ourselves to the idea of being known as faithful for our appearance in church, but letting our faith be known to any and to all, anywhere and at any time.

To see christainity taken advantage of for the sake of a showing of self-glorification through the type of people who will attend church knowing they surround themselves with hypocrites but actively avoiding those people in that social surrounding is exactly why I remain a christian of courageous conviction who prefers to worship outside those walls of hypocrisy.

To say that those false christians who do attend church should be docked makes the people who really believe that no better than the people they would like to see docked...christianity is not about reducing the number of people you allow to worship with you but to uplift your fellow man in an example that might instill within them, the desire to be a better christian.

Not going to church does not make any christian any less of a christian than churchgoers nor does it make them any less a christian in God's eyes.
It is what we do from our hearts, not what we do for "show" that God sees.

Fljotsdale,
Yes, I feel much pride in Rex's grandmother, but even moreso, I feel extremely blessed to have become a part of this family. We are of like minds and I no longer feel so alone in the world for doing my best to be a good person to those I can help in any way.

Bummer. My mail to Mouse came back as undeliverable because it exceeds storage limitation.
MOUSE! Empty your mailbox and let me know with an e-mail! You don't want to miss this funny!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-15-2001, 10:23 PM   #36
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

(not lurking, i was uploading an MP3 to Mouse while I ate dinner and was curious to see what other comments were being made in this thread since I was here to find his e-mail address)

It may be all well and fine for some people to expose themselves to hypocrisy within the walls of a church but some people (like myself), prefer to take a more honest approach to our christianity, our lives, and with what we do and surround ourselves with.
It is this approach to life that makes it so hard to find a truly good place of worship and it has plenty of people, true christian people, convinced that to do what they can when and where they can as opposed to making that public appearance every Sunday is well worth not attaching ourselves to the idea of being known as faithful for our appearance in church, but letting our faith be known to any and to all, anywhere and at any time.

To see christainity taken advantage of for the sake of a showing of self-glorification through the type of people who will attend church knowing they surround themselves with hypocrites but actively avoiding those people in that social surrounding is exactly why I remain a christian of courageous conviction who prefers to worship outside those walls of hypocrisy.

To say that those false christians who do attend church should be docked makes the people who really believe that no better than the people they would like to see docked...christianity is not about reducing the number of people you allow to worship with you but to uplift your fellow man in an example that might instill within them, the desire to be a better christian.

Not going to church does not make any christian any less of a christian than churchgoers nor does it make them any less a christian in God's eyes.
It is what we do from our hearts, not what we do for "show" that God sees.

Fljotsdale,
Yes, I feel much pride in Rex's grandmother, but even moreso, I feel extremely blessed to have become a part of this family. We are of like minds and I no longer feel so alone in the world for doing my best to be a good person to those I can help in any way.

Bummer. My mail to Mouse came back as undeliverable because it exceeds storage limitation.
MOUSE! Empty your mailbox and let me know with an e-mail! You don't want to miss this funny!

What the hell? I thought this thread was for everyone to say their own personal views on things.??

Moni, your reply is nothing but nasty:

"Well, aren't you just noble!"

Geez, I give up, I keep trying to give you another chance and be your friend, even though I have seen many flames from you and your boyfriend "Khan", not to mention the hate e-mails that you have sent to certain members. I thought that we had all gotten over our differences after the past few strenuous days, guess not. I Do not see anywhere where Cloudy said anything that was offensive in any way, shape or form. Why do you post ugliness? Jeez, we all are of different religions around the world here on this forum, that must be recognized and accepted.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 10:40 PM   #37
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

What the hell? I thought this thread was for everyone to say their own personal views on things.??

Moni, your reply is nothing but nasty:

"Well, aren't you just noble!"

Geez, I give up, I keep trying to give you another chance and be your friend, even though I have seen many flames from you and your boyfriend "Khan", not to mention the hate e-mails that you have sent to certain members. I thought that we had all gotten over our differences after the past few strenuous days, guess not. I Do not see anywhere where Cloudy said anything that was offensive in any way, shape or form. Why do you post ugliness? Jeez, we all are of different religions around the world here on this forum, that must be recognized and accepted.

How is telling cloudy that she is noble anything nasty? This thread was about everyone giving their own personal opinon about things...what's wrong with Moni giving hers here other than it conflicts with cloudys and maybe yours?

Also you might want to look up the word "dock". I don't know what your education level is but in the reference that cloudy used it was the same as saying "reduced"...so much for people being allowed to have their own religious beliefs.

As far as Moni sending hate mail to anyone...she shared a christian poem with cloudy...where did that turn into hate mail? Maybe you should check your source before you post this kind of thing on IW. Moni's left the board and can't defend herself...is that why you are here to post your nastiness? Their was nothing wrong with what she said, it's her opinion and shes entitled to it.

So I am her best friend & boy friend in real life. What's wrong with that?
Flame away as I'm sure you will do. But get your facts straight and understand the words you are coming here to defend. -Cheers-

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."

[This message has been edited by KHaN (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 10:53 PM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

I do try to follow my faith, Moni. And it says I must worship with others, so I choose to do that by going to a church with people who are Christian. I very much commend people like Yorick who worship with people in non-traditional non organized parish ways as well.

I sensed the 'noble' comment may have been a bit sarcastic, but in case I misread that, I just want to say that yes, I try. Noble is not a bad thing, or at least not that I know of.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 09-15-2001, 11:01 PM   #39
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
How is telling cloudy that she is noble anything nasty? This thread was about everyone giving their own personal opinon about things...what's wrong with Moni giving hers here other than it conflicts with cloudys and maybe yours?

Also you might want to look up the word "dock". I don't know what your education level is but in the reference that cloudy used it was the same as saying "reduced"...so much for people being allowed to have their own religious beliefs.

As far as Moni sending hate mail to anyone...she shared a christian poem with cloudy...where did that turn into hate mail? Maybe you should check your source before you post this kind of thing on IW. Moni's left the board and can't defend herself...is that why you are here to post your nastiness? Their was nothing wrong with what she said, it's her opinion and shes entitled to it.

So I am her best friend & boy friend in real life. What's wrong with that?
Flame away as I'm sure you will do. But get your facts straight and understnad the words you are coming here to defend. -Cheers-

On the contrary, I am not flaming, just stating that Cloudy's post was not an attack on anyone, just her personal feelings as to how she perceives things. Moni's reference to Cloudy feeling herself "noble" seemed inappropriate, and a subtle dig to me. If I'm wrong, then what did she mean by that?

Just was hoping that all past differences were done and over with, I KNOW that we all have different religious opinions, we just should all appreciate those differences, and just "let it be" and not get angry at eachother or make snide comments, as they don't do us any good, only creates animosity, and at a time like this, we all need to come together and be friends, despite our differences.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 11:01 PM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:

Uh.. "docked".. what a ship or boat is when not in the free waterways. Simply out of the shipping lanes. Er... you must be thinking of dogs and docking tails or something. Sorry, not what I meant and 'navigate' was sort of a clue.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud